Thread: Monitor Or Vga ?

i have the chance to either buy a flatscreen lcd monitor -- most probably a 17 inch but then for the the same price ur getting an ati radeon 9700 al in one wonder..
    i rite now have a geforce 4 which i do not lke too musch cuz i can not play games suchprince of persia and painkiller is too slow till i play on a 320 - 420 res..which sux ... i luv games and wuld also like a new monitor instead of this fat 17^ crt monitor

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    Go for the 9700 pro
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Games   -   #3
    Lick My Lovepump
    I reccomend the 9700 PRO, or wait a month for the PCI-E Loki to come and get a graphics card even cheaper.

4. Games   -   #4
    IMHO, i would probably buy the 17" LCD...coz its something that i would rarely change

u see...now 9700 pro is supercool fast, but within months it'll become cheaper faster than an lcd and possibly obsolete
    ur lcd will still be 17" and still be clear and crisp for a couple more years

try getting a middle-end card like gf4 TIs or radeon 8500 and above, these can play prince of persia at an "above decent" performance

but like i said...it's just my opinion, pls dun flame me, i dun intend to annoy anyone
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

5. Games   -   #5
    pls dun flame me, i dun intend to annoy anyone
    flame the fucker!
    try getting a middle-end card like gf4 TIs or radeon 8500 and above, these can play prince of persia at an "above decent" performance
    is it just me or is a 8500 not gonna b able to play POP2sands of time for the same reason that the GF4 cant (the pixal shading crap) im not sure about a TI tho.
    PCI-E Loki
    im not 100% but is that PCI express by any chance? what kinda cards are gonna support it?
    Go for the 9700 pro
    i second that, u already have a gd screen that werks and i have the same c\ard as u and i know its annoying so i wod say get the bette card.
    i luv games and wuld also like a new monitor instead of this fat 17^ crt monitor
    i hope u know that LCD screens are worse for playing games cause they dont refresh as oftern 9at least i think) and u love games u already hav an okay screen but that card is gonna stop u playing the latest games.

6. Games   -   #6
    Twist3r
    or you could save some bucks and get the 9600xt that card is fast as fuck and its fairly cheap

7. Games   -   #7
    ok.. so its the card then .. but then which is fast but easy on the pocket ??

9700 all in one
    or the 9600 xt ??

to play games like driver 3 hl2 doom 3 hitman 3 ???

8. Games   -   #8
    9600XT without a doubt if ya gonna wanna play hl 2, doom 3, driver 3 etc etc etc...