Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions For Library

VIP...just ask any
    I use the small jewel case's (as I'm sure most do), and as you know the ends are too small to label. I'm mostly blind, so I couldn't read them anyway

I've thought of printing out a alphabetical list and putting it with the tower of cd's, but then you would have to make sure the cd is placed exactly in the spot whence it came. I can see that happening...... maybe once .

So, I'm looking for some methods to catalog my cd's.

Any suggestions?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    First you need to RIP your CDs into MP3s.And then use a Program like OrangeCD.It is the comprehensive music database program for cataloging your music in any format.

Or do not RIP your CDs and Just use Orange.

OrangeCD Catalog

3. Lounge   -   #3
    VIP...just ask any
    Ok, the Orange Cd sounds good, Thanks FC.
    But I'm wondering how you store your burned cd's? The cases are so small, (on the mini jewel cases) you can't possibly print anything large enough to read.
    How the heck do you store all your burned cd's?
    In a tower, randomly?, alphabetically?, by genre? or a pile on the top of your player?

I've got, like 250 cd's looking for a place to live, and their relitives are on the way...

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    You could use CD Wallets. The large ones will hold 48 CDs or so, probably more now. You can then flick through them like the pages of a book. 250 CDs would take up say 5 of these Books, the contents of which can be arranged in any way you see fit. This might be a better solution for you if your eyesight is poor. That way you can use large text on labels which you stich to the plastic insert.

I think I have explained this really badly

5. Lounge   -   #5
    This is what I mean

6. Lounge   -   #6
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Agrajag@19 February 2004 - 23:01
    You could use CD Wallets. The large ones will hold 48 CDs or so, probably more now. You can then flick through them like the pages of a book. 250 CDs would take up say 5 of these Books, the contents of which can be arranged in any way you see fit. This might be a better solution for you if your eyesight is poor. That way you can use large text on labels which you stich to the plastic insert.

I think I have explained this really badly
    why buy 5 different books? when 1 268 capacity book will do?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    yeah had the same problem , just bought a couple of those cd wallets that had a capacity for 250 cds or something like that .

8. Lounge   -   #8
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    use one of them, and put the CD sleeve insert (or a scrap of paper) inside each pocket - this way you will always put the cd back in the right place.

then number the pockets and books - get a few the same, but different colours. number them stg like

for case 1, disk number 34

then write numbers on the ends of each wallet and on the pockets of the wallet with a CD marker pen.

when you done all that, grab OrangeCD from funky's link, and get them all put in there, and then use one of the custom fields for the location of the disk (1.34 for eg)

You'll never look back
    <insert signature here>

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot+19 February 2004 - 23:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HeavyMetalParkingLot @ 19 February 2004 - 23:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agrajag@19 February 2004 - 23:01

I think I have explained this really badly&nbsp;
    why buy 5 different books? when 1 268 capacity book will do? [/b][/quote]
    I didn&#39;t know they were available that big mate, that&#39;s why I said "probably more now". You are spot on, thanks for the info, do you know how much they cost ?

Unless he wants to split them into different books. For example he may want 1 for classical, 1 for rock etc. Then organise them by artist inside of the "books". That is something I would think about.

The point is, it may be a better option for whiterook than jewel cases, a simple thing which enhances his quality of life.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I have a Caselogic 268 and it works fine.Really nice.Need to go get another.

I have 562 CDRs of MP3 DATA(5700+ Albums).That is all that is on each CDR.I use a Sharpie to # each one.

With Orange there is 4 Custom Fields you can use for anything.I use Custom Field 1 for "CDR Location".So everytime I look up a Album it tells me what CDR it is on.So I just look at that and then go grab the CDR where it is located.Works great.

FC

*And sorry.But maybe this should be in MusicWorld.*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast