Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ripping To .mp3

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #32
    @CrumbCat - you said that groups used "designed kits" when they do encodes, what other softeare do they use? should i be adding all the other stuff to my encodes?

also i followed paul's guide and I able to to make a nice encode on my first try. It quite easy if you know how to follow directions and if you have some common sence. I concidered my self a noob before (i used wmp before ) but now i fell im a bit better.
    just one question though, does EAC use the alt preset standard setting thingy by default like i think it does? how do i set it to do a higher VBR, one like the groups are using now?

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #33
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Originally posted by wienerschnitzel@27 February 2004 - 02:37
    just one question though, does EAC use the alt preset standard setting thingy by default like i think it does? how do i set it to do a higher VBR, one like the groups are using now?
    No --alt- preset standard is not default for using EAC, its is only default for the Chris Myden Profile EAC.

I dont think theres a default preset...

Preset Description

CBR 320 (Highest possible quality)
    --alt-preset insane Produces the highest quality MP3s possible with a bitrate of 320 kbps

VBR (Variable Bitrate) settings
    --alt-preset extreme Even Higher Quality than Standard - usually averages around 256kbps

--alt-preset fast extreme Even Higher Quality than Standard - usually averages around 256kbps. Encodes faster than the above^ but produces very slightly lower quality.

--alt-preset standard Very High Quality - usually averages around 192 kbps

--alt-preset fast standard Very High Quality - usually averages around 192 kbps. Encodes faster than the above^ but produces very slightly lower quality.

ABR (average bitrate) settings

--alt-preset <bitrate> Produces the highest quality ABR files. Specify a number between 8 and 320. The values do not need to be a mainline bitrate, (96, 112, 192) it can be 114, example: --alt-preset 114

CBR (constant bitrate) settings

--alt-preset cbr <bitrate> Produces the best quality CBR files possible with MP3. Used the same way as above except the bitrates specified must be mainline bitrates between 8 and 320. Example: 80, 112, 128, 160, --alt-preset cbr 160.
    Note: --alt-preset cbr 320 *is* identical to --alt-preset insane.

How to set to a higher VBR? I think its best to uninstall the "Chris Myden way EAC" and download EAC from the EAC site, download LAME here or an earlier version elsewhere.

Put both in the same folder, Install EAC, run it, in the menu go to [EAC] --&#62; [Compression Options] --&#62; [Browse] there point to the LAME file.
    Additional Command Line Options: --alt- preset extreme
    Make sure all the settings are the right way e.g this way.
    Ofcourse you can use your own settings.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #34
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Excellent work, summerlinda&#33;

Glad to see this topic is being helpful to at least one of the n00bies.

@CrumbCat - you said that groups used "designed kits" when they do encodes, what other softeare do they use? should i be adding all the other stuff to my encodes?
    No need for that, as you are not part of a ripping group. Just follow the guide as seen in summerlinda&#39;s post, and you will be on your way.

CrumbCat

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #35
    I have 2 questions for you Crumbcat

1.When using dMC audio cd input, is there a quick way of entering all the names
    i.e. on the net, without having to type them all individually?

2.Why doe&#39;s that bloke FKDUP74 keep on saying delete this thread??

Cheers&#33;&#33;

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #36
    Originally posted by BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH@27 February 2004 - 17:31
    I have 2 questions for you Crumbcat

1.When using dMC audio cd input, is there a quick way of entering all the names
    &nbsp; i.e. on the net, without having to type them all individually?

2.Why doe&#39;s that bloke FKDUP74 keep on saying delete this thread??&nbsp; &nbsp;

Cheers&#33;&#33;
    Question 1:

Using EAC

1. Insert the CD and wait. The track titles should be automatically filled in by FreeDB.
    - If not get the FreeDB Info by clicking on the CD icon (3rd from right).
    - If all else fails do it later in CDTag.

2. Press Shift+F6, create a new folder on your hard drive, enter this folder and click save.
    - It will now test rip the track and copy the track. The test is to make sure that it rips the
    same, if the CRCs match on the test and actual copies there&#39;s a better chance your rip is good.
    - Then it will pause the ripping and open the LAME encoder in a MS-DOS window to encode the files
    from WAV to MP3.

3. All tracks should say Track quality 100.0% (or near 100.0%) in the Status Report when ripping has completed.
    - All tracks should say Copy OK as well and "No errors occured" should be at the bottom of the report.
    - If any tracks weren&#39;t up to par quality-wise, try ripping those tracks again.
    - If you can&#39;t rip them perfect, don&#39;t rip them at all.

Question 2:

I have no idea.....

CC

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #37
    Cheers CC

But what is that "TRY PP" (that rocket shaped icon) business all about?

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #38
    Originally posted by BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH@28 February 2004 - 18:59
    Cheers CC

But what is that "TRY PP" (that rocket shaped icon) business all about?
    I will answer that, but first a question:

Why are you asking me - I don&#39;t use dBpowerAMP - I use EAC.

Now, your answer:

---

dMC Power Pack - Feel the Power&#33; (Click on the rocket to go to the page directly)

The Power Pack is an addition to dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC), an addition that expands dMC with a whole host of powerful and advanced options, the Power Pack contains:
    *Lightening Fast CD Ripping with &#39;Rip to Ram&#39; and &#39;Rip & Encode at Same Time&#39; options,
    *Preview Audio CDs in CD Input, rip multiple tracks as one.
    *Organize your music collection with ID Tag editing,
    *Set priority whilst converting, optionally shutdown computer after conversion.
    *Send Audio files easily to your portable mp3 player with Sveta Portable Audio,
    *Fun Bars - changes the Percentage bar between many excellent designs:

---

Hope that helped you,

CC

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #39
    Thanks again CC&#33;
    Sorry to ask you but i thought it was you who started this thread but since read back and realised you did&#39;nt&#33;

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #40
    Not a problem - always glad to help.

CC

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast