Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux Quiz

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by leftism+20 February 2004 - 09:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leftism &#064; 20 February 2004 - 09:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-shn
    In vi, what does this expression yield /^[a-zA-Z]/
    It searches for non-alphabetic characters?

Assuming I got it right, (fingers crossed ) What command would you issue to block all incoming packets to port 80 (TCP) ?[/b][/quote]
    /^[a-zA-Z]/ Matches if the line starts with any letter

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j DROP

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    iptables -A INPUT -i ppp0 -p tcp 80

Probably not right...I just read a little bit from the man page of iptables
    close

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j DROP

You should specify the interface if your on a host with multiple interfaces but since I&#39;m not, I never do.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #53
    Originally posted by shn
    You sure dude? I thought the ^ meant not?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #54
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by leftism+20 February 2004 - 10:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leftism &#064; 20 February 2004 - 10:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-shn
    You sure dude? I thought the ^ meant not?[/b][/quote]
    I am sure.

You are welcomed to prove me otherwise. Im sure vi has some handy documentation on regular expressions that you can browse.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #55
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn+20 February 2004 - 10:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 20 February 2004 - 10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by leftism@20 February 2004 - 10:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-shn

I am sure.

You are welcomed to prove me otherwise. Im sure vi has some handy documentation on regular expressions that you can browse. [/b][/quote]
    I wouldn&#39;t mess with shn, she&#39;ll take you down, right down to china town&#33;

Just kidding

New question:

Give a command to display info about your cpu.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #56
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by LSA+20 February 2004 - 10:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LSA &#064; 20 February 2004 - 10:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn+20 February 2004 - 10:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn &#064; 20 February 2004 - 10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-leftism@20 February 2004 - 10:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-shn

I am sure.

You are welcomed to prove me otherwise. Im sure vi has some handy documentation on regular expressions that you can browse. [/b][/quote]
    I wouldn&#39;t mess with shn, she&#39;ll take you down, right down to china town&#33;

Just kidding

New question:

Give a command to display info about your cpu.[/b][/quote]

I only went by my use of vi. I have dealt with regular expressions but am no expert in them as they are a bit tricky to specify, but my answer was purely off the top of my head. If I am wrong I would like to know because this is not a competition..

7. Software & Hardware   -   #57
    hehe I never could resist a challenge

[^]&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Matches anything not enclosed after the not character.

Example

Ver[^1-9]&nbsp; Matches Ver followed by any non digit.
    source

edit:

Originally posted by shn
    I only went by my use of vi. I have dealt with regular expressions but am no expert in them as they are a bit tricky to specify, but my answer was purely off the top of my head. If I am wrong I would like to know because this is not a competition..
    Thats cool

I dont have a problem with being wrong sometimes or speaking to people who know more than me. (Although I try to avoid the former )

If I did I wouldnt use linux at all

8. Software & Hardware   -   #58
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Then challenge we shall.

Just keep it clean

9. Software & Hardware   -   #59
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn@20 February 2004 - 10:43
    I was just kidding

I don&#39;t know anything about vi

10. Software & Hardware   -   #60
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by leftism+20 February 2004 - 10:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (leftism @ 20 February 2004 - 10:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> hehe I never could resist a challenge

[^]&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Matches anything not enclosed after the not character.

Example

Ver[^1-9]&nbsp; Matches Ver followed by any non digit.
    source

edit:

<!--QuoteBegin-shn

Thats cool

I dont have a problem with being wrong sometimes or speaking to people who know more than me. (Although I try to avoid the former )

If I did I wouldnt use linux at all [/b][/quote]
    To be honest our Linux community here is relatively small. Welcome aboard

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast