Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Order The Windows Security Update Cd

Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by http://www.microsoft.com
    The Windows Security Update CD will be shipped to you free of charge. This CD includes Microsoft critical updates released through October 2003 and information to help you protect your PC. In addition, you will also receive free antivirus and firewall trial software.

This CD is only available for Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 98, and Windows 98 Second Edition (SE).

Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.
    Read more here

BOT

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Is it of any use when you can already download it?

unless they got a way to call back home to mama, if its an invalid key

Btw, I will order it in any case
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Server Error in &#39;/library&#39; Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client (r="...01141&st=0&#entry885763").
    Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client input value, and processing of the request has been aborted. This value may indicate an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. You can disable request validation by setting validateRequest=false in the Page directive or in the configuration section. However, it is strongly recommended that your application explicitly check all inputs in this case.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client (r="...01141&st=0&#entry885763").

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpRequestValidationException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client (r="...01141&st=0&#entry885763").]
    &nbsp; System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String s, String valueName, String collectionName) +240
    &nbsp; System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection nvc, String collectionName) +99
    &nbsp; System.Web.HttpRequest.get_QueryString() +113
    &nbsp; System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod() +85
    &nbsp; System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +108
    &nbsp; System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +2112
    &nbsp; System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +218
    &nbsp; System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18
    &nbsp; System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +179
    &nbsp; System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +87

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.967; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.940
    They got me&#33;

Edit: Btw, forgot to say good find BOT
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    not for free were i live damn

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Thanks [B][O][T]

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Why the need for two topics on this? I hate giving MS my home phone and address. Just parinoid I guess

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Interesting...

Just remember folks, if Microsoft can ship out thousands if not millions of CD&#39;s for free, you know we&#39;re being fu**ed by the RIAA over high CD prices. Same for AOL and they&#39;re CD&#39;s of misfortune.

Nice one BOT

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    i ordered it, although i dont really need it lol...

i just remembered way back at y2k they sent me a letter asking if id like the y2k patch cd, i sent it back saying yes but still havent received the cd ...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@22 February 2004 - 15:37

i just remembered way back at y2k they sent me a letter asking if id like the y2k patch cd, i sent it back saying yes but still havent received the cd ...
    should be any day now.....
    hey is there any way they could tell if someone had a pirated copy of XP by ordering that?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by kaiweiler+22 February 2004 - 11:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kaiweiler @ 22 February 2004 - 11:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@22 February 2004 - 15:37

should be any day now.....
    hey is there any way they could tell if someone had a pirated copy of XP by ordering that? [/b][/quote]
    Kai now your thinking like me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast