Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im About To Do The Big Swap!

Poster
    Hey hardware peers, i havent started a topic in ages. (and judging by recent topics, neither have many other people lol)

Anyhoo, I am about to do the major hardware upgrade....motherboard...

I have had experience with a few computers e.g i have watched a guy put together a computer about 6 times. And I have also put together 2-3 computers (earlier last year)...

..however that was being surpervised... now im alone.... and the motherboard, and cases are different...

..dont get me wrong though... its just like lego.... only certain things can go into certain places....

the main thing that stumps me is the lil lil lil plugs that go into one of the corners of the motherboard ( the cords are connected to the power switch, led, usb i think etc. i think you know what im talking about...)

my old motherboard.. MS 6367 is still installed however i have a new gigabye (see my specs in my sig below)

do u rekon i could take a photo of my motherboard and where all the plugs go, and then put together my new mobo, and by looking at the photo, put the right cords into the right slots....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    i just realised that lego..... can practically be pput together in anyway... so forget that line lol

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by dray_02@20 February 2004 - 01:27

..dont get me wrong though... its just like lego.... only certain things can go into certain places....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by adamp2p+20 February 2004 - 21:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 20 February 2004 - 21:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dray_02@20 February 2004 - 01:27

[/b][/quote]

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Ah yes those little case plugs. My old case is some cheapo. So those little plugs aren&#39;t labeled. Fn nightmare.
    My new case Antec (sweet) those plugs are labeled. Easy.
    So I&#39;d label those plugs with masking tape above the plug itself saying what it is. Before disconnecting them. Also I&#39;d paint a dot on the side that goes up. Fool proof.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    The manual that came with your new Gigabyte should have a diagram of that particular header that shows where all the different connectors go.

If possible, connect all of these little buggers before you lay the board all the way into the case.

The two switches and the speaker are easy...it doesn&#39;t matter which way they are plugged in.
    Your two LEDs could be finickier...you may have to flip them if they don&#39;t work at first.

Just for your peace of mind, you can assemble the components outside of ( but next to) the case and see if it will POST before going to the trouble of a full install.
    Confirm that your LEDs are working.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Page 29 of the Users Manual shows a very clear diagram.

If you don&#39;t have the manual, get it here: http://america.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/F...7n400pro2_e.pdf

If you have any problems then just tell us what connectors your case has.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Usually, the coloured wire is +ve, the white one is -ve.

Except for the speaker, the -ve is usually black for that one. sTAnd4rDS?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    My Gigabyte board is all labelled telling exactly what goes where.It is also color coded for people who don&#39;t see so well so you can match them with the ones in the manual.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    and dont forget once youve installed hte board that you should do a reinstall of windows, you DON&#39;T HAVE TO but its just a lot easier if you do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast