Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Help?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by HCT@21 February 2004 - 14:04
    i tried everything you guys said and i fix my HDD. it slower than before but it works fine. thanks for the help i appreciated now a have to install all the programs i had before.
    glad to here it works, usually after a reinstall startup is pretty slow and everyhting else seems pretty slow too but once youve restarted a few times and defragmented it is much faster than before.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+21 February 2004 - 23:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 &#064; 21 February 2004 - 23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    i tried everything you guys said and i fix my HDD. it slower than before but it works fine.&nbsp; thanks for the help i appreciated&nbsp; now a have to install all the programs i had before.
    glad to here it works...[/b]
    Where?

<!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004
    @21 February 2004 - 23:27
    ...usually after a reinstall startup is pretty slow and everyhting else seems pretty slow too but once youve restarted a few times and defragmented it is much faster than before.[/quote]After a format and re-install there&#39;s something wrong if it&#39;s slower than it was with a games/apps &#39;loaded&#39; OS.
    When you&#39;ve only got fresh Windows on there, it boots about as fast as it&#39;s ever going to and without the need for defragging; it certainly ain&#39;t gonna get quicker as you add more apps/games. You could speed it up a little by removing unwanted trash and tweaking here n there though.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Smurfette+21 February 2004 - 21:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smurfette @ 21 February 2004 - 21:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@21 February 2004 - 23:27
    i tried everything you guys said and i fix my HDD. it slower than before but it works fine. thanks for the help i appreciated now a have to install all the programs i had before.
    glad to here it works...
    Where?

...usually after a reinstall startup is pretty slow and everyhting else seems pretty slow too but once youve restarted a few times and defragmented it is much faster than before.
    After a format and re-install there&#39;s something wrong if it&#39;s slower than it was with a games/apps &#39;loaded&#39; OS.
    When you&#39;ve only got fresh Windows on there, it boots about as fast as it&#39;s ever going to and without the need for defragging; it certainly ain&#39;t gonna get quicker as you add more apps/games. You could speed it up a little by removing unwanted trash and tweaking here n there though. [/b][/quote]
    i disagree the first ime it starts up it is changing windows files&#092;updating them etc. and the startup is slower...expecially slower after installing sp1 or sp2. After everything has been installed and it has be restarted a few times every file will be updated and it will become faster.

im just talking on my own experience with every computer ive ever insaled an operating system, which is quite a few.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Smurfette+21 February 2004 - 21:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smurfette @ 21 February 2004 - 21:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@21 February 2004 - 23:27
    glad to here it works...
    Where?

...usually after a reinstall startup is pretty slow and everyhting else seems pretty slow too but once youve restarted a few times and defragmented it is much faster than before.
    After a format and re-install there&#39;s something wrong if it&#39;s slower than it was with a games/apps &#39;loaded&#39; OS.
    When you&#39;ve only got fresh Windows on there, it boots about as fast as it&#39;s ever going to and without the need for defragging; it certainly ain&#39;t gonna get quicker as you add more apps/games. You could speed it up a little by removing unwanted trash and tweaking here n there though. [/b][/quote]
    ^^ that is 100% right

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    HCT's Avatar WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yeah i have to agree with ROSSCO_2004 cause the first time i install sp1 startup was slower then usual and this is the third time i had to restart cause im doing updates right now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123