Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Internet Networking

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@22 February 2004 - 21:06
    the thing i have now. a ' 1X5 port N way switch' is that a router or is that the other thing thats not gonna work?
    that wouldnt work either, well it would work if u had 3ip's but you only get one. and have to buy more, but i dont htink u can buy more. and would be deared than a router.

edit: ot would work. but only one pc would be able to acces the net at a time, and you would need to reset the modem everytime a different pc wanted to acces the net. i would just get the router, think of it as an investment. and gives you the scope for more pcs later on,

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #32
    o fucking hell so im going to have to buy 2 of those £25 things now or 1 and about £15 worth of cable

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #33
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    no, just the one, and thats it, you would be able to just setup using your current cables as in my diagram.

you wouldnt need more cables.

edit: sorry you will need a small cat5 cable to connect between the modem and router if you dont have one already

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #34
    okay thanks for the help. i dont have the money right now so im going to have to leave it right now :'(

anyone wanna buy me a router? Gets a link in my SIG!!!

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #35
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    ive just bought one for down my g/f house so i can use my laptop down there. the one i pointed out, hehe, along with about £50 of other stuff.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #36
    lucky rich non broke son of a bi(you get the idea)............ :'(

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #37
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@22 February 2004 - 21:22
    lucky rich non broke son of a bi(you get the idea)............ :'(
    hehe, not exactly rich, most of it is for networking down at her house, cabling etc, and surge protector, few bits for my main pc, and couple of thing for my grans and grandads pc.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #38
    Originally posted by Livy+22 February 2004 - 21:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Livy @ 22 February 2004 - 21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@22 February 2004 - 21:22
    lucky rich non broke son of a bi(you get the idea)............ &nbsp; :&#39;(
    hehe, not exactly rich, most of it is for networking down at her house, cabling etc, and surge protector, few bits for my main pc, and couple of thing for my grans and grandads pc. [/b][/quote]
    yeah yeah whateva mr i can afford a monkey

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #39
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+22 February 2004 - 21:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 22 February 2004 - 21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Livy@22 February 2004 - 21:24
    <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy
    @22 February 2004 - 21:22
    lucky rich non broke son of a bi(you get the idea)............ :&#39;(

hehe, not exactly rich, most of it is for networking down at her house, cabling etc, and surge protector, few bits for my main pc, and couple of thing for my grans and grandads pc.
    yeah yeah whateva mr i can afford a monkey [/b][/quote]
    i have 2 actually, i got one for me birthday and i bought one meself, i got them cheap from gadgetshop.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #40
    not bragging about are rishes are we?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast