Thread: Avi Preview

krome's Avatar triplesix clubhouse
    I can never get to play any video, with AVI preview... even if it has 85% left still wont play it stops after 2 sec. or less.... BTW also happens using videolan

something wrong here? or ? :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    try and download latest codecs , might work...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    What codec do you run??

I had som wierd trupple when i installed 2.20 kazaa codec pack , movies stopes from time to time, but avipreview stoped after 6 sec with avi movies, but mpg it could see. I tryed to format my pc and installed then the ACE mega codec pack and hoped that everything whould be working againg, but was proved wrong, the same thing happed moives stops after 6sec so i reformat one more time, and installed the 2.10 kazaa codec, and evrything worked perfekt againg, from time to time i cant see preview but i think then that is not a moive or maby a codec i dont have.

My best avice whould be to format pc and just install the 2.10 stay away from 2.20

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    Has nothing to do with codecs at all. It is something new that AJ has done with his preview utility though he does not let u know about it cause it is a new way to get u to buy the Io Player upgrade. He set his utility now to only show about 2 to 6 sec worth of play when it comes to avi files.

read

*Index caching: dramatically increases index regeneration speed. You never have to re-index your partial download again.

*Error correction. Tired of AVIPreview by AJ stopping in the middle of a video (or even on the first seconds in some occasions)? This happens due to errors in the video stream. Advanced version can fix those errors and you can enjoy the full length of you favorite video.

Though I have The Io Player it still only plays the same 2 to 6 seconds of a avi file.
    I keep saying this all the time "When u create a new thing and start changing the schematics around or try to improve or add more things to it all your doing is making it worse"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Get Kazaa Preview Extractor been using it for ages now, I have v1.0 and I think v1.2 as ad-ware in it.

http://www.previewextractor.com/

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    Originally posted by cwctv@21 February 2004 - 11:10
    Get Kazaa Preview Extractor been using it for ages now, I have v1.0 and I think v1.2 as ad-ware in it.

http://www.previewextractor.com/
    Nice that they have another avi preview but just like u said it has adware..

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Well they used to have a forum which just vanished for some reason,still before it did I got the adfree one "not tried" but you can have it if you want plus v1.0 both are only 800k total.
    I don't use KaZaa much these days so there was no need to put 1.2 on,I have even used this to check if a program is not a fake you just take the two ticks out at the bottom, saying that you need a fair amount (16meg is enough for movies)then just look in the download to see if theres a name like norton then that tells you its norton your downing.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I faced the same problem with the latest version of AVIPreview (I think its 0.26a).

I think the work around is to load the movie in AVI Preview and then use the save file function in the program to save a temporary copy of the file somewhere (with the proper extension, of course) and then use whichever media player you use to preview it. BTW AVIPreview will stop in the middle of processing a video if it has corrupt frames.

For DivX files you can also use DivFix (available here http://divfix.maxeline.com/) to re-index your dat file, and save a copy somewhere to preview in your favourite media player. This method will work on corrupted files also unlike AVIPreview