Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobo

hey,
    i have an hp a320n. i just put on xp pro from hp home and i no longer have the internet. in device manger it shows the yellow question mark by ethernet controller, meaning the driver isn't installed. normally i would put in the cd to install the driver...but hp didn't give me any cds (or floppys) with my computer. soo i need to find what motherboard i have cause i have on board lan or ethernet card inorder to get a driver for it.

any ideas are welcome.
    thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Get AIDA32 from HERE and install that.
    It'll tell you everything it's possible to find out by querying your hardware.
    It'll also give you a link to the download or home page of the hardware manufacturers.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    goto HP Web Site and download teh file SP23996.exe it is the original driver for the network card that came with your system. Then run that file.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    firefox.. i downloaded what you said. tried it and no luck. it says...- Click OK to continue. The original drivers are now stored in the C:\HP\Drivers\LAN folder...- so i did that

but in the lan folder their are 4 other folders. i don't know which one to use. i tried them all and none seemed to work. but now in the network connections folder i have a connection. and the ethernet with the yellow question mark is gone. but when i open IE6 it doesn't have a connection.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    To answer your topic question, the answer is....

If your computer works, you have a motherboard.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i know that my comuter has a motherboard, the question was which one does it have?
    "Mobo"
    "how do i know what i have?"

soory for the miss communication,

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by scottwile@19 February 2004 - 23:56
    i know that my comuter has a motherboard, the question was which one does it have?
    "Mobo"
    "how do i know what i have?"

soory for the miss communication,
    http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Run the internet connection wizard.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    Goto device manager mate right click the device,then update driver,in the new box that appears choose no you'll look yourself,then navigate to the folder.The other three are for different os's probably

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I like this program very simple to use!

http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast