Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Bought A 6 Chnl Speaker System

Originally posted by dray_02@21 February 2004 - 04:30
    ok sweet i went into bios and change one of the pheriphal settings to auto... something to do with audio was disabled. lol.

but i was wondering, if its possible to listen to music using ALL of my speakers..... 5 surround speakers and my SUB??

is that possible or does it only play certain files, e.g DVDs. with surround sound?

at the moment when i play mp3s only the front left and right speakers play, and ma sub.... i want them all to be playing
    you might need to switch your Windows speaker setting to "quadraphonic" instead of "surround" in order to get stereo music to play on all of your speakers.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Hello dray_02, How do you like your new mobo so far?

For the 6 channel audio... Did you read the manual Page 78 onwards?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@21 February 2004 - 02:10
    im drunkkkk and as a biotch! hahahaha
    That was pretty random...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by dray_02@21 February 2004 - 04:30
    ok sweet i went into bios and change one of the pheriphal settings to auto... something to do with audio was disabled. lol.

but i was wondering, if its possible to listen to music using ALL of my speakers..... 5 surround speakers and my SUB??

is that possible or does it only play certain files, e.g DVDs. with surround sound?

at the moment when i play mp3s only the front left and right speakers play, and ma sub.... i want them all to be playing
    You should have an option in the control panel for "sounds and audio devices." Under "speaker settings," select advanced. You should have an option there to enable 5.1 surround sound speakers.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Hello dray_02, How do you like your new mobo so far?

For the 6 channel audio... Did you read the manual Page 78 onwards?
    hey, the motherboard has got sooo many new features... im still trying to get used to everything... im not used to all the raid / sata things.... i havent got a harddrive but im going to get a new one soon... maybe 120gb

umm i have read the manual, bt i cant find it at the mo so i need to recap..

it is possible to get all my speakers.

lol, and gues what guys... i had to buy a new case because my old mobo, was in a lil wee packard bell case. lmao. it was a crack up. the new mobo, gigabyte, was way too big... haha. and also...

virtual body, can ya give me sum tips on how to get the most outta this mobo. cheerz man

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    oh ive configured my sound settings in the control panel, sounds and audio device, advanced, and i have changed it to 5.1.

now what? i still cannot hear the music being played outta all of the speakers

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    I don't know the spec of the board but some onboard sound setups need a setting changed to output through the line-in & mic-in sockets. I think mine is in the mixer properties.
    All this should be in your manual, mate.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    i lost it haha,.

should i chnge anything in the bios?

so you guys are telling me that there is a way to make all 5 speakers and the subwoofer to play the mp3 ???

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    If you seriously are still having troubles with this, you should just go invest $20-30 [USD] in a soundblaster Live! card.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    i dont really want to spend any more money !!

i bought a new graphic card $235
    mobo $190
    speakers $100
    case $120

so now i am really poor lol

this mobo is SPOSE TO BE 6 CHANNEL!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast