Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Bought A 6 Chnl Speaker System

Poster
    ok ive upgraded to the gigabyte motherboard, as you can see in my specs below...

ive plugged in all the cords in all the right places.. but i dont no what drivers i should download. i dont no the name of my sound card. .. but i no this motherboard supports 6 channels.

any idea?

the speakers didnt come with a cd so im guessing that i have to install drivers onto my motherboard or my sound card?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dray_02: as much as I would like to be of assistance to you, I am pretty sure you could figure this out yourself by using google:

Be resourceful! Search around here too...

Audio Driver

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    i did a search,

bt im not as good as you adam

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Double Agent
    what a nub.....

6-Channel Audio
    Through 6-channel audio output, users can experience the 3D surround sound without additional equipments. It fulfills the requirements for a variety of audio applications, such as MP3 or Audio CD playback, DVD movies and gaming thus delivering ideal platform for multimedia solution.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@21 February 2004 - 20:54
    what a nub.....

6-Channel Audio
    Through 6-channel audio output, users can experience the 3D surround sound without additional equipments. It fulfills the requirements for a variety of audio applications, such as MP3 or Audio CD playback, DVD movies and gaming thus delivering ideal platform for multimedia solution.
    wtf are you going on about dude?

i dont care about tht, i just wanna know why i cant hear anything... i have all drivers installed for my mobo.... what else should i check/do?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    I'm not sure if you need drivers for spearker mate.,unless they have some special features where it would need one.,check in control panel>multimedia,everthing is ok.You could also check the motherboard audio drivers,device manager.And if its enabled in bios.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    im drunkkkk and as a biotch! hahahaha
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Have a look in the Motherboard manual for the jumper settings because you can change from normal sound (speaker, mic, aux) to 6ch sound (fronts, rears, centre and sub)

Also have a look in the bios.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by adamp2p@21 February 2004 - 00:27
    dray_02: as much as I would like to be of assistance to you, I am pretty sure you could figure this out yourself by using google:

Be resourceful!  Search around here too...

Audio Driver
    instead of using the RealTek audio driver, you could use the Nforce driver package from Nvidia.com which includes an audio driver. not sure what the difference in functionality is (other than a different program for adjusting levels & whatnot), but the Nvidia driver and the RealTek driver are both compatible with it... so you do have a choice, depending on whichever one you prefer.

i'm not sure if there's a major difference in features or quality though... i've tried both of 'em, but didn't spend enough time with the RealTek driver to figure out the differences.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    ok sweet i went into bios and change one of the pheriphal settings to auto... something to do with audio was disabled. lol.

but i was wondering, if its possible to listen to music using ALL of my speakers..... 5 surround speakers and my SUB??

is that possible or does it only play certain files, e.g DVDs. with surround sound?

at the moment when i play mp3s only the front left and right speakers play, and ma sub.... i want them all to be playing

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast