Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Keyboard

hugoharding's Avatar its changed since 02
    I'm going to post this here because i'm not sure if its a windows xp problem or my keyboard thats the problem.

Basically, when playing a game, (Rugby 2004), I can press up and left at the same time, but when i hold down the space bar at the same time (make the player sprint), nothing happens except after a few seconds I hear a beep.

Whats up with this?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    something in dos i think that if u keep preesing spacebar theres a beep to tell u that ur doing wat u doing which u knw wat u doin so do wat u doin ...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by fatality@21 February 2004 - 16:44
    something in dos i think that if u keep preesing spacebar theres a beep to tell u that ur doing wat u doing which u knw wat u doin so do wat u doin ...
    blue on hamster parsley foyer cavalcade cheetah something

@hugoharding, some keyboards don't allow certain combinations of button presses - try remapping the direction buttons to the keypad
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I might be way off on this one (wouldn't be the first time ) but I think some motherboard will only let you press a max of 2 buttons simultaneously
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by 4th gen@21 February 2004 - 17:44
    I might be way off on this one (wouldn't be the first time ) but I think some motherboard will only let you press a max of 2 buttons simultaneously
    Its not that becuase I can press, up, right and space at the same time, just not up, left and space.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I play EA soccer 2004 I just bought this keyboard its great for gaming.

http://www.pcpartscollection.com/mcpowofxpkey.html

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Has to be what DarthInsinuate mentioned
    Try remapping the keys. Normally, if you press the space bar too many times or for a longer period of time when only one press is required then it beeps in games. Cant say this for sure in your case but try remapping.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    How do I remap the keyboard?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I didnt mean to remap the keys of the keyboard. I meant remap the control keys for the game.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast