Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ram And Front Bus, Mobo

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Yah, stick with stock stuff unless you see your temps getting to high. I have 4 case fans too lol.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You rule, BigDawg.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Poster
    i have just the one case fan, a small desktop fan blowing air into the case, my case is opened, and my motherboard monitor tells me my temps are 63 degees © for my cpu, and 30 for my case... is that alright?????
    is that good enough for the upgrade to a barton 2500 oc to 3200.? or should i take more precautions

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    @dray_02, I think you should look into the fact that there is a temperature reading inaccuracy with that board. Nothing to worry about but many sites have information where people report that it shows temps 10 to 15° higher than it really is. I'm sure that future BIOS revisions will correct this. I also know that the information about the issue isn't clearly documented as some people say that the temps are accurate. I have thoroughly tested and came to the conclusion that the temps do show higher than they really are.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by dray_02@21 February 2004 - 22:59
    i have just the one case fan, a small desktop fan blowing air into the case, my case is opened, and my motherboard monitor tells me my temps are 63 degees © for my cpu, and 30 for my case... is that alright?????
    is that good enough for the upgrade to a barton 2500 oc to 3200.? or should i take more precautions
    dray, even if what virtualbody said is correct (temps 10-15 degrees higher than actual) they are still high (48-53c) so i would, when i upgraded the cpu, clean up the wires, make them nice and neat, make most of them hidden if possible. Then add another fan if possible. btw, after the moherboard upgrade did you install the cpu with new thermal paste or did you reuse the old pad that was already on hte heatsink?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    yer i put the exact same heatsink, fan and processor on.... just the standard shit. and by jeeezus was it dirty... i gave it a good clean! put new thermal paste on it, then stuck it back on ma mobo.... is that ok? will adding another case fan make a difference??? thers no place to mount it.... (unless i stick it under the harddrive,,..becase thers sum grills around ther.. that look like it could..i think lol.

my case is alwayz opened, thats ok?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123