Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In My Opinion

Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Originally posted by 4th gen@21 February 2004 - 22:27
    OK, another point, just popped up again.

I said that if I wanted to, I could say that 1+1 no longer was equal to 2, but infact, in my opinion, 1+1=3.

In my opinion, I'm correct. In popular opinion (i.e. everyone who believes 1+1=2), I'm wrong.
    Conventions however are not a matter of opinion, they are a matter of consensus.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@21 February 2004 - 21:29
    well, i would go along with that....as i can demonstrate that dividing 12 by 2, does in fact equal 7.
    Yep, fair play. In your opinion, dividing 12 by 2 is 7.
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Originally posted by 4th gen+21 February 2004 - 22:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 21 February 2004 - 22:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@21 February 2004 - 21:29
    well, i would go along with that....as i can demonstrate that dividing 12 by 2, does in fact equal 7.
    Yep, fair play. In your opinion, dividing 12 by 2 is 7. [/b][/quote]
    Again a matter of convention, not opinion, see my last post.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Agrajag@21 February 2004 - 21:38
    Would I be totally wrong if I took from that statement that if the entire world decided that 1+1 was really equal to 3, then 1+1=3?
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    XII is 12

Put a horizontal line through the middle (ie divide by 2)

Top half is VII ..........ie 7

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by 4th gen+21 February 2004 - 22:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 21 February 2004 - 22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agrajag@21 February 2004 - 21:38
    Would I be totally wrong if I took from that statement that if the entire world decided that 1+1 was really equal to 3, then 1+1=3? [/b][/quote]
    Absolutely as long as you accepted that it was just a series of symbols to represent the concept that if you add one apple to another apple you have twice as many apples.

(This goes for everything and not just apples, for clarification)

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+21 February 2004 - 23:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 21 February 2004 - 23:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@21 February 2004 - 22:17

As a backdrop, in Greek mythology when someone became pregnant (likely due to infidelity) they would claim that Zeus or some other God came down in the form of Golden Rain and seduced them.

I think Mary may have been taking lessons from them.

So....

Your saying Jesus may have been a Bastard...

B) [/b][/quote]
    We have 4 options:

1) God did it
    2) Mary cheated and Jesus is a bastard
    3) Mary is a chimera who under went parthenogenesis
    4) Mary and Joseph were pulling a fast one.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. Lounge   -   #18
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Agrajag@21 February 2004 - 21:48
    I have a friend who, because of an eye / brain condition sees in 2D. This is not a joke. The world he sees is 2 dimensional, is his reality any less valid than those of us who see it in 3D, not to him.
    Any person blind in one eye can only see in 2d. It does not alter their perception of things except distance.

I am deaf in one ear. It means I have no sound directional sense. I often have to ask where is that sound coming from.

As for immaculate conception. Would cloning not &#39;almost&#39; fit the concept?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by bigboab+21 February 2004 - 22:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 21 February 2004 - 22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agrajag@21 February 2004 - 21:48
    I have a friend who, because of an eye / brain condition sees in 2D. This is not a joke. The world he sees is 2 dimensional, is his reality any less valid than those of us who see it in 3D, not to him.
    Any person blind in one eye can only see in 2d. It does not alter their perception of things except distance.

I am deaf in one ear. It means I have no sound directional sense. I often have to ask where is that sound coming from.

As for immaculate conception. Would cloning not &#39;almost&#39; fit the concept? [/b][/quote]
    He is not blind in either eye boab, he has a condition which causes the eyes not to work together properly for some reason (which I don&#39;t understand) and as such has no depth of vision. His world, of sight, is 2 dimensional.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    Before humans, did 1+1=2?
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast