Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Burn A Dvd To Dvd-r

hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    I followed the guide on burning and it wont play on my dvd to tv but will play on my computers dvd. What did I do wrong? My (tv)dvd says...check your tv settings.
    I used VSO divix to dvd converter to encode from avi to mpg. It made the video TS folder. Do I need to do something diff when I encode?

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #32
    Some older stand alone dvd players have trouble playing DVD+r discs and cheaper brand discs. My 1 and half year old dvd player refuses to play any form of copied cd or dvd.

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #33
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    I used a dvd-r when I burned and my dvd player can play vcd so it should be able to play dvd I burn.
    Mybe IKE's way of burning will work...I'll give it a shot next.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #34
    Poster
    hi, my situation is a unique one indeed so i'll just explain it as best i can. i have downloaded several episodes of stargate and want to transfer it to my other computer to burn because my other computer has the dvd-burner, but my other computer can't play the files as in i can hear the audio but not see the video and yes i'm pretty sure i've downloaded all the right codecs so it might be my comp, so anyway can i burn the files even though i can't see the video and still watch it on my dvd-player?

oh and question number 2 my dvdr can hold up to 4.7 gigs or whatever it is does that mean that i can burn up to 4.7 gigs of my .mpg's or will only be able to burn 4 gigs of .mpg's since it my expand when burning.

thanks for any help i know i'm being a pain. i'll shut-up now.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #35

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #36
    Thanks for a such helpful hints..

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #37
    spelunker121's Avatar Flailing about!
    Ok, Im sure its because Im dvd "burning challenged"

I have followed the guides (awsome effort by the way,thanx to all)

But I think im still missing something. I have a Memorex dual layer dual format dvd burner( yes its new for me) and have made several dvd backups with it using dvd shrink and Nero.they all work fine in all my players.
    (using dual layer disks 8.5Gb)

my problem I guess, is using dvd shrink.

I cannot seem to get a large dvd e.g. 5-8Gb to shrink down enough to fit on a 4.7 disk single layer disk.

Will it work?? if so, what am I missing? I move the slider to the far left for the custom compression and the file(s) just wont fit.

Those dual layer disks are expensive and I would like a cheaper alternative to "backing up" a DVD using the single layer.

any hints??

Thanx in advance
    Last edited by spelunker121; 07-04-2005 at 04:58 AM.
    Protect me from what I want!

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #38
    hi there

i have no idea, but check out afterdawn.com You can find some amazing guides there also

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #39
    Thanks for this!

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #40
    maddawg719
    hello everyone i am new to this site and new to burning dvds does anyone have nero that i could please receive from them

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast