Thread: Speed Tip

Expand the download and delete or forget everyone that ain't giving ya anything. It can be very therapeutic and opens up the throttle dramatically.

I just gone from 4KB/s (all day like this) to a few hours of 20-50KB/s on 512 by doing this task.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    That's reasonale, because shareaza starts to search for new source(s) to connect and download after you delete the useless source(s).
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by spoony@22 February 2004 - 15:31
    Expand the download and delete or forget everyone that ain&#39;t giving ya anything.&nbsp; It can be very therapeutic and opens up the throttle dramatically.

I just gone from 4KB/s (all day like this) to a few hours of 20-50KB/s on 512 by doing this task.
    [QUOTE]

Could u explain that a little more? U mean right click and press "Forget User" on those that are having me on queue? If yes, then this applies no matter what the queue rank is, or it applies only for queues, say, higher than 10? (Wouldn&#39;t it be meaningless to "forget" a user with a queue rank of 1 or 2, for example)?

Also, does this apply to ed2k clients only, or Raza clients as well? I am asking this because usually Raza clients provide the bulk of the total d/l speed, while emules, edonkeys, etc. are crappy. (However, I was amazed to get some good d/l speeds by an emule client today, as I mantioned in another topic).

Thx in advance for the clarifications. B)

jackc

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    In my opinion shareazaa is as fast as any other bit torrent client.

With regards ed2k and gnuttela I find that deleting choked blank sources can speed up downloads.

Another tip.. a better tip is to keep a search running for each of the files you have downloading... for example if you are downloading &#39;18 young and tight&#39;.. you would have a search constantly searching for that title.. actually just having a search running for say "dvd" can also help to keep movies downloading and good speeds..

I guess like shareaza the use of the seperate search function is more functional than just right click find more sources. Try it. Start a search for everything in your list and keep each of those searches running whenever you start shareaza...

I get my times of no actibvity but many hours of 20-50K
    I sometimes have soulseek, shareaza and kazaa all running at once&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;