Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The 'flame The Other Console' Thread

uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@26 February 2004 - 03:06
    i sold my n64 to buy a playstaion 1 and what a mistake.
    Whatever floats yer boat peerzyboy, I own both an N64 and a PS1.

My N64 has been gathering dust and cobwebs for 90% of the time I've owned it,
    but I still play my PS1 at least once a week on average.

The N64 was the poorest offering Nintendo ever made to the gaming public.
    Nintendo had originally planned to sell an aftermarket add-on hard disk for the N64 which was tentatively called the "Bulky Drive" which would have allowed for bigger and better games than could be supported by a cartridge alone.

The big N sold a few thousand units of the new drive in Japan, then decided they didn't want to split thier market into 'haves' and 'have nots' - The 'haves' being the folks who could afford to upgrade their console with the new drive.

That was the end of the Bulky Drive, which severely limited the true potential of the N64. The games that were released after that time were vastly inferior to what they could have been.

Such a waste...

2. Games   -   #42
    h1
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@25 February 2004 - 02:21
    But a C64 is a PC, not a console.

If we were talking about vintage PCs, I'd start getting all nostalgic for my long gone Atari ST. B)
    Damn uNz[i], now you got me reminiscing for my Atari ST too...

3. Games   -   #43
    Heres something you might like then.

4. Games   -   #44
    [i]Originally posted by uNz[i]+26 February 2004 - 04:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (uNz @ 26 February 2004 - 04:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@26 February 2004 - 03:06
    i sold my n64 to buy a playstaion 1 and what a mistake.
    Whatever floats yer boat peerzyboy, I own both an N64 and a PS1.

My N64 has been gathering dust and cobwebs for 90% of the time I&#39;ve owned it,
    but I still play my PS1 at least once a week on average.

The N64 was the poorest offering Nintendo ever made to the gaming public.
    Nintendo had originally planned to sell an aftermarket add-on hard disk for the N64 which was tentatively called the "Bulky Drive" which would have allowed for bigger and better games than could be supported by a cartridge alone.

The big N sold a few thousand units of the new drive in Japan, then decided they didn&#39;t want to split thier market into &#39;haves&#39; and &#39;have nots&#39; - The &#39;haves&#39; being the folks who could afford to upgrade their console with the new drive.

That was the end of the Bulky Drive, which severely limited the true potential of the N64. The games that were released after that time were vastly inferior to what they could have been.

Such a waste... [/b][/quote]
    for me the N64 was N&#39;s best console, the &#39;bulky drive&#39; was named 64DD in the UK but never made it here, but n64 had some of the best games ever made, conkers bad fur day, goldeneye 007, perfect dark, mario kart 64, mario 64, TLOZ OOT and many many more, all that PS1 had was smakdown and about a 100000 dance matts

Peerzyboy

5. Games   -   #45
    "the chart" as some may call it.......

Best Graphics
    1.Xbox
    2.Gamecube
    3.PS2

Best Games
    1. Xbox/Gamecube tie
    2.Ps2

Best Sales
    1.PS2
    2.Xbox
    3.Gamecube

Best Online play
    1.Xbox
    2.Ps2
    3.Gamecube

so in conclusion, i would say the xbox is the best sytem, and that the only reason ps2 outsells it because the ps2 was out for a year longer than xbox.

6. Games   -   #46
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@27 February 2004 - 02:18

for me the N64 was N&#39;s best console, the &#39;bulky drive&#39; was named 64DD in the UK but never made it here, but n64 had some of the best games ever made, conkers bad fur day, goldeneye 007, perfect dark, mario kart 64, mario 64, TLOZ OOT and many many more, all that PS1 had was smakdown and about a 100000 dance matts

Peerzyboy
    Wow, you certainly glossed over a lot of cool games with that "smakdown and about a 100000 dance matts" comment.

With the exception of Zelda,(<--The only reason I bought my N64) Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, the majority of N64 titles were clearly kiddy games. Even Pilotwings64 had a juvenile feel to it.

And what about the plethora of PS1 driving and racing games that totally outclassed the N64&#39;s rather lacking driving game library?

Then there&#39;s games like Metal Gear Solid, GTA and the Resident Evil series.
    It would&#39;ve been a cold day in hell before any of those games were allowed to have a Nintendo release... actually I was amazed that Doom 64 ever made it to the shelves.

Even Square abandoned Nintendo and took thier Final Fantasy series to Sony.

Don&#39;t get me wrong, I&#39;m as far from a Nintendo h8r as is humanly possible...
    After all, I chose Nintendo over Sega during that phase of the console wars during late &#39;80s - early &#39;90s.

It&#39;s just that the games for each system are so clearly aimed at different age groups.
    Nintendo always has and always will cater to the safe Family and Young player sector, Sony will aim for everything else, with a preference for the 18 - 35 age group.

For me Nintendo&#39;s best ever console was the Snes. It was technically superior to everything else on the market at the time, and it&#39;s game library was unrivalled.
    In comparison, the N64&#39;s game library was a huge letdown once you got over being impressed by the 3D graphics.

7. Games   -   #47
    h1
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@26 February 2004 - 01:38
    Heres something you might like then.
    You are my personal Jesus.

I did have over 3GB of MAME files when I was using Windows.

8. Games   -   #48
    heh.. glad you liked the link haxor, but I&#39;m not the messiah... I&#39;m a very naughty gamer.

9. Games   -   #49
    Poster

With the exception of Zelda,(<--The only reason I bought my N64) Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, the majority of N64 titles were clearly kiddy games. Even Pilotwings64 had a juvenile feel to it.

how dare you?

pilotwings pwn3d

cant wait for the N5 version
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J&#39;Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

10. Games   -   #50
    I dare because I know I&#39;m right ...I own a copy.

Hey, I didn&#39;t say Pilotwings64 was a bad game.
    If I thought it sucked I wouldn&#39;t have bought it.

I just said that it had a kiddy feel to it.... just like most N64 games.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast