Thread: Pizzabox Server

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    PizzaBox Server: File, Print & CD Server with remote access, Tape Backup, UPS support and sophisticated Web Management running Linux & Samba, on standard PC hardware, from a plug in Flash-ROM.

It run Linux

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Proof that anything can run linux.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    i made a computer inside a shoebox, i just need a cd drive and a monitor, keyboard for it then ill run linux on it just to play around with and my dad says if i get it working good he will buy a big hard drive for it and well use it as a file server.

its got a 133mhz processor
    64mb of whatever the really old kind of ram is
    currently a 1gb hard drive
    2mb graphics card
    no sound\network at moment

POS i know but it will be good for a file server right? what linux distro should i run on it? (im a beginner)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Try Debian or Slackware, they are supposed to be good for a server, it's not easy but it's great if you want to learn.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@22 February 2004 - 14:06
    i made a computer inside a shoebox, i just need a cd drive and a monitor, keyboard for it then ill run linux on it just to play around with and my dad says if i get it working good he will buy a big hard drive for it and well use it as a file server.

its got a 133mhz processor
    64mb of whatever the really old kind of ram is
    currently a 1gb hard drive
    2mb graphics card
    no sound\network at moment

POS i know but it will be good for a file server right? what linux distro should i run on it? (im a beginner)
    NetBSD. Even though that is not Linux, it will get the job done for that. There are a variety of distros to choose from. The fact that your specs are not much means nothing at all as LSA said Linux will run on anything.