Thread: Favorite Linux App

Poster
    Mine is gtk-gnutella

or firefox

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Konqueror. I use it for basically everything. KDE has came a long way. Most people will notice that konquorer never crashes. Their previous versions were bloated and crashed all the time. It's a shame that KDE 3.2 is now more stable than Gnome. Gnome has gone Gnowhere with their development

lol, now the only problem I have is figuring out wether to use konqueror for a browser or firefox since they both work really well. Most the times I go ahead and use firefox

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn@22 February 2004 - 15:29
    Konqueror. I use it for basically everything. KDE has came a long way. Most people will notice that konquorer never crashes. Their previous versions were bloated and crashed all the time. It's a shame that KDE 3.2 is now more stable than Gnome. Gnome has gone Gnowhere with their development

lol, now the only problem I have is figuring out wether to use konqueror for a browser or firefox since they both work really well. Most the times I go ahead and use firefox
    Wow, KDE 3.1 is kinda crashy over here, I should upgrade once I get slackware

The text on a webpage in konqueror looks like chicken scratch if its not antialiased in 3.1, probably can change the font in there somewhere though.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by LSA+22 February 2004 - 15:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LSA &#064; 22 February 2004 - 15:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-shn@22 February 2004 - 15:29
    Konqueror.&nbsp; I use it for basically everything.&nbsp; KDE has came a long way.&nbsp; Most people will notice that konquorer never crashes.&nbsp; Their previous versions were bloated and crashed all the time.&nbsp; It&#39;s a shame that KDE 3.2 is now more stable than Gnome.&nbsp; Gnome has gone Gnowhere with their development&nbsp;

lol, now the only problem I have is figuring out wether to use konqueror for a browser or firefox since they both work really well.&nbsp; Most the times I go ahead and use firefox&nbsp;
    Wow, KDE 3.1 is kinda crashy over here, I should upgrade once I get slackware

The text on a webpage in konqueror looks like chicken scratch if its not antialiased in 3.1, probably can change the font in there somewhere though.[/b][/quote]
    You will probably like 3.2. It has not crashed on me yet. When it does I let you know

Actually I was given the tip by my fellow linux user group. After nautilus continually crashed on me. I have theese snow apple icons that look like glass and I use the aqua mac os theme in Gnome and it is simply beautiful. So it was hard for me to give up gnome but after I tried 3.2 I had no choice. And to be honest I think icewm and other extremely lightweight desktops are the best way to go, but only if memory is a problem. Some people do not like linux to be themed but once it is it looks 10 times better than any windose desktop B)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    h1
    OOo.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by haxor41789+22 February 2004 - 16:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789 &#064; 22 February 2004 - 16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> OOo. [/b]

That&#39;s an openoffice.org, right?

<!--QuoteBegin-shn

You will probably like 3.2. It has not crashed on me yet. When it does I let you know

Actually I was given the tip by my fellow linux user group. After nautilus continually crashed on me. I have theese snow apple icons that look like glass and I use the aqua mac os theme in Gnome and it is simply beautiful. So it was hard for me to give up gnome but after I tried 3.2 I had no choice. And to be honest I think icewm and other extremely lightweight desktops are the best way to go, but only if memory is a problem. Some people do not like linux to be themed but once it is it looks 10 times better than any windose desktop B)
    [/quote]

Was that your latest screenshot in &#39;The Desktop Thread&#39;? That does look pretty good , it would eat my puter alive&#33;

I had the gtk-panther, almost and exact copy of osx, it looked great but tore my puter apart , plus it was for gnome.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    That black one there before was an old Gnome screenshot I had in my folder. I do not remember when I took it But I replaced it with the aqua theme and snow apple folders for you to see.

And if you ever run Gnome and you like it then its called the Aquavito theme.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn@22 February 2004 - 19:42
    That black one there before was an old Gnome screenshot I had in my folder. I do not remember when I took it But I replaced it with the aqua theme and snow apple folders for you to see.

And if you ever run Gnome and you like it then its called the Aquavito theme.
    Oooo, that is a nice one

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    h1
    Damn, that&#39;s nice. /downloading now...