Thread: Jokes

The Speeding Nuns

A police officer saw a car full of nuns going much too slow for the highway they were on. He pulled them over and went up to the driver. "Why are you going so slow?"
    The nun that was driving then replied "That sign right there says 20."
    The police officer looked at the sign. "That's the highway number that you are on."
    "Oh, sorry officer."
    The police officer looked in the back seat to see three nuns that looked like they were terrified. "What's wrong with them?" the officer asked. The nun that was driving looked back at them. "We just got off of highway 190."

The Pirate

James walked into the county bar. There he saw a man who looked exactly like a pirate from the movies. He had a wooden leg, a hook for his hand, and a patch over his eye. James walked up to him and asked him, "How did you lose your leg?"
    The pirate looked up at him and replied, "When I was on a ship I fell off and a shark bit off my leg."
    James was astonished. "What happened to your hand?"
    The pirate started talking again. "I was serving in the war and I got my hand shot off. They had to amputate it and all they could find was a hook to put on."
    James then looked at his eye. "Well, what happened to your eye?"
    "Some birds were flying over head and one of them did some droppings right on my eye."
    James was puzzled. "How did some bird droppings make you lose your eye?"
    The pirate grinned. "Well, that was the first day that I had my hook."

The Exam

Peter sat in an auditorium taking a test for college. He needed to pass this to get his college scholarship. He took his time finishing the test while the other 400 kids rushed as quickly as they could. "Time's up, pencils down!" the professor yelled to everyone in the auditorium.
    Everyone groaned, walked up to his desk and placed down their test. Peter sat in his seat and finished his test. He walked up to the professor's desk. "Sorry I took a little extra time on my test."
    The professor looked up at him. "Well that's too bad because you didn't stop when I told you to. You just failed this test."
    Peter got angry. He looked the professor in the eye and asked a simple question. "Do you know who I am?"
    "No," he responded honestly.
    "Good," Peter said. He took the stack of tests on the desk and threw them up in the air with his test and ran out.

The Hare Dryer

Jimmy ran into his house in a panic. "Mom, Rover killed Buttercup and dragged him through the mud!"
    Jimmy's mom got upset. "I told you not to let your dog pester the neighbor's rabbit," she said as she looked at the dead rabbit in Rover's mouth. "How are we going to explain what happened to the Johnson's?" she said in panic.
    "Relax," Jimmy's dad said as he entered the room. "The Johnson's are gone for the day, I've got an idea."
    He took the rabbit over to the bathroom. He took a sponge and shampoo and started washing all the dirt off of the rabbit. After he finished he took a hair dryer and dried it off. He walked with Jimmy over to their neighbor's yard. He opened the cage and placed the rabbit inside. "There he looks nice and clean. It will look like Buttercup died a nice peaceful death. They'll never suspect that Rover chewed him up."
    The next day Jimmy's dad woke up after hearing a scream from the neighbor's house. He walked out to the fence and leaned over. "Is there something wrong Mrs. Johnson?"
    "My rabbit!" was all she said.
    "Well, animals die you know. That's just a fact of life."
    Mrs. Johnson shook her head. "You don't understand. He was already dead and we buried him!"

Memory Loss

An elderly husband and wife noticed that they were beginning to forget many little things around the house. They were afraid that this could be dangerous, as one of them may accidentally forget to turn off the stove and thus cause a fire. So, they decided to go see their doctor to get some help.

Their physician told them that many people their age find it useful to write themselves little notes as reminders. The elderly couple thought this sounded wonderful, and left the doctor's office very pleased with the advice.

When they got home, the wife said, "Honey, will you please go to the kitchen and get me a dish of ice cream? And why don't you write that down so you won't forget?"

"Nonsense," said the husband, "I can remember a dish of ice cream!"

"Well," said the wife, "I'd also like some strawberries on it. You better write that down, because I know you'll forget."

"Don't be silly," replied the husband. "A dish of ice cream and some strawberries. I can remember that!"

"OK, dear, but I'd like you to put some whipped cream on top. Now you'd really better write it down now. You'll forget," said the wife.

"Come now, my memory's not all that bad," said the husband. "No problem, a dish of ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream."

With that, the husband shut the kitchen door behind him. The wife could hear him getting out pots and pans, and making some noise inconsistent with his preparing a dish of ice cream, strawberries, and whipped cream. He emerged from the kitchen about 15 minutes later.

Walking over to his wife, he presented her with a plate of bacon and eggs. The wife took one look at the plate, glanced up at her husband and said, "Hey, where's the toast?"

Car Trouble

My wife came home yesterday and said, "Honey, the car won't start, but I know what the problem is." I asked her what it was and she told me it has water in the carburetor.

I thought for a moment, then said, "You know I don't mean this badly, but you don't know the carburetor from the accelerator."

"No, there's definitely water in the carburetor" she insisted.

"OK, Honey, that's fine, I'll just go take a look. Where is it?"

"In the lake."

The Dog

A local business was looking for office help. They put a sign in the window, stating the following: "HELP WANTED. Must be able to type, must be good with a computer and must be bilingual. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer."

A short time afterwards, a dog trotted up to the window, saw the sign and went inside. He looked at the receptionist and wagged his tail, then walked over to the sign, looked at it and whined. Getting the idea, the receptionist got the office manager. The office manager looked at the dog and was surprised, to say the least. However, the dog looked determined, so he lead him into the office. Inside, the dog jumped up on the chair and stared at the manager. The manager said "I can't hire you. The sign says you have to be able to type." The dog jumped down, went to the typewriter and proceeded to type out a perfect letter. He took out the page and trotted over to the manager and gave it to him, then jumped back on the chair. The manager was stunned, but then told the dog, "the sign says you have to be good with a computer."

The dog jumped down again and went to the computer. The dog proceeded to enter and execute a perfect program, that worked flawlessly the first time. By this time the manager was totally dumb-founded!

He looked at the dog and said "I realize that you are a very intelligent dog and have some interesting abilities. However, I still can't give you the job."

The dog jumped down and went to a copy of the sign and put his paw on the sentences that told about being an Equal Opportunity Employer. The manager said, "Yes, but the sign also says that you have to be bilingual".

The dog looked at the manager calmly, and said, "Meow".

The Pillsbury Dough Boy's Obituary

Veteran Pillsbury spokesman Pop N Fresh died yesterday of a severe yeast infection. He was 71.

Fresh was buried in one of the largest funeral ceremonies in recent years. Dozens of celebrities turned out, including Mrs. Butterworth, the California Raisins, Hungry Jack, Betty Crocker, and the Hostess Twinkies.

The graveside was piled with flours as longtime friend Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy, describing Fresh as a man who "never knew how much he was kneaded."

Fresh rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with many turnovers.

He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Still, even as a crusty old man, he was a roll model for millions.

Fresh is survived by his second wife, they have two children and one in the oven.

The funeral was held at 2:25 for 20 minutes.

Old MacDonald

It was the finals of "Sale of the century" a popular TV quiz show. There were three contestants.

All was tied and with question left to win the big prize. The host asked each contestant the same question "Complete this phrase and spell the last word!"

"Old MacDonald had a......?"

The first contestant replied "ESTATE" and spelled E . S . T . A . T . E ......Buzzzzzz and he missed out.

Wow, the second contestant thought he had it in the bag, he answered "Old McDonald had a RANCH" and spelled out R . A . N . C . H .......Buzzzzzz and he was eliminated.

Now the thrid contestant was jumping with joy. What an easy question to answer. He quickly yelled "I know the answer! It's FARM.......E . I . E . I . O

The Confused Atom

Two atoms are sitting in a bar.
    atom 1(in a whisper): "I think I've lost an electron"
    atom 2: "Are you sure"
    atom 1: "I'm positive"

Hearing Problems

A man goes to the doctor and complains that his wife can't hear him.

"How bad is it?" the doctor asks. "I have no idea", says the husband. "Well, please test her. Say something 20 feet away, and if she doesn't hear you, get closer and say the same thing until she does. That way we'll have an idea of her range of hearing loss."

So the man goes home and sees his wife in the kitchen chopping up vegetables for dinner.

From 20 feet: "What are we having for dinner?" No answer.
    From 10 feet, same thing.
    From 5 feet, same thing.

Finally he's standing right behind her.

"What's for dinner?" She turns around, looks at him and says "For the fourth time, beef stew!"

The Penguins

A man drives to a gas station and has his tank filled up. While doing this the clerk spots two penguins sitting on the back seat of the car. He asks the driver, "What's up with the penguins in the back seat?"

The man in the car says, "I found them. I asked myself what to do with them but, I haven't a clue."

The clerk ponders a bit then says, "You should take them to the zoo."

"Yeah, that's a good idea," says the man in the car and drives away.

The next day the man with the car is back at the same gas station. The clerk sees the penguins are still in the back seat of the car.

"Hey, they're still here! I thought you were going to take them to the zoo!"

"Oh, I did," says the driver, "and we had a swell time. Today I'm taking them to the beach."

The Doctor

A doctor with a mean sense of humor goes to meet her new patient in the exam room. First thing she says: "Well, Mr. Smith, as we discussed, you will experience some short-term memory loss."

The Flying Man

Two men were sitting at a bar, talking. They were both quite drunk, and one of them says to the other, "I bet you I can jump out of that window, go into the eigth floor and come back up here without being harmed."
    "Oh, yeah? Well, why don't you try it?" the other man replies.
    "Okay, I will."
    Sure enough, he jumps out the window, and five minutes later he walks into the bar. "How did you do that?" the man asks, puzzled.
    The man who jumped out the window replied, "Well, why don't you try it yourself?"
    So the man gets up from his seat, walks over to the window, and jumps out. He falls to the eigth floor...seventh...sixth...fifth...fourth...third...second...first...and SPLAT! The bartender says to the first man to jump out the window, "Superman, you can be a real jerk when you're drunk."

The Panda

A Panda walks into a restaurant. The waiter takes the Panda's order.

When the order is ready, the waiter takes it to the Panda. The Panda eats the meal, pulls out a gun, shoots the waiter and runs out of the restaurant.

The owner of the restaurant goes running after the Panda. When the restaurant owner finally catches up to the Panda, he asks, "Why did you shoot the waiter?"

The Panda tells the owner to look up 'Panda' in the dictionary.

The owner goes back to the restaurant and looks up 'Panda' in the dictionary. Under 'Panda' it says: Eats shoots and leaves.

The Goats

Two goats are out behind a movie studio eating old movie film. One goat says to the other, "Pretty good, huh?"
    The second goat says, "Yeah, but it's not as good as the book."

Peerzyboy

2. Lounge   -   #2
    just read a few, but good stuff, maybe shoulda posted in funny stuff, but what the hell, everyone needs a laugh eh?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@22 February 2004 - 22:21
    maybe shoulda posted in funny stuff
    theresa funny stuff place? where

Peerzyboy

4. Lounge   -   #4
    these arnt really jokes but there funny,

Law Humor: Recently reported in the Massachusetts Bar Association Lawyers journal, the following are questions actually asked of witnesses by attorneys during trials and, in certain cases, the responses given by insightful witnesses:

Q: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Q: The youngest son, the twenty-year old, how old is he?

Q: Were you present when your picture was taken?

Q: How far apart were the vehicles at the time of the collision?

Q: You were there until the time you left, is that true?

Q: How many times have you committed suicide?

Q: So the date of conception of your baby was August 8th?
    A: Yes.
    Q: And what were you doing at that time?

Q: She had three children, right?
    Q: How many were boys?
    A: None.
    Q: Were there any girls?

Q: You say the stairs went down to the basement?
    Q: And these stairs, did they go up also?

Q: Mr. Slatery, you went on a rather elaborate honeymoon, didn't you?
    A: I went to Europe, Sir.
    Q: And you took your new wife?

Q: How was your first marriage terminated?
    A: By death.
    Q: And by whose death was it terminated?

Q: Can you describe the individual?
    A: He was about medium height and had a beard.
    Q: Was this a male, or a female?

Q: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?
    A: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.

Q: Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?
    A: All my autopsies are performed on dead people.

Q: All your responses must be oral, OK? What school did you go to?
    A: Oral.

Q: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
    A: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.
    Q: And Mr. Dennington was dead at the time?
    A: No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy.

Q: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?

Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
    A: No.
    Q: Did you check for blood pressure?
    Q: Did you check for breathing?
    Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
    Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
    A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
    Q: But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?
    A: It is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere.

Q: What is your date of birth?
    A: July fifteenth.
    Q: What year?
    A: Every year.

Q: What gear were you in at the moment of the impact?
    A: Gucci sweats and Reeboks.

Q: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?
    Q: And in what ways does it affect your memory?
    A: I forget.
    Q: You forget. Can you give us an example of something that you've forgotten?

Q: How old is your son, the one living with you.
    A: Thirty-eight or thirty-five, I can't remember which.
    Q: How long has he lived with you?
    A: Forty-five years.

Q: What was the first thing your husband said to you when he woke that morning?
    A: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"
    Q: And why did that upset you?
    A: My name is Susan.

Q: And where was the location of the accident?
    A: Approximately milepost 499.
    Q: And where is milepost 499?
    A: Probably between milepost 498 and 500.

Q: Sir, what is your IQ?
    A: Well, I can see pretty well, I think.

Q: Did you blow your horn or anything?
    A: After the accident?
    Q: Before the accident.
    A: Sure, I played for ten years. I even went to school for it.

Q: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in the voodoo or occult?
    A: We both do.
    Q: Voodoo?
    A: We do.
    Q: You do?
    A: Yes, voodoo.

Q: Trooper, when you stopped the defendant, were your red and blue lights flashing?
    Q: Did the defendant say anything when she got out of her car?
    A: Yes, sir.
    Q: What did she say?
    A: What disco am I at?

Peerzyboy