Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tripod

Hey does tripod let you host pics? I have my site hosted by tripod and pics on that work fine. yet when I try to put an image here on the board i get this:

Is this something with tripod, or my settings? pics hosted by chikii and uploadit work fine for me, yet my tripod ones where i have an account won't work
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    tripod dont allow hotlinking thats why u get that image

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@22 February 2004 - 16:27
    Hey does tripod let you host pics? I have my site hosted by tripod and pics on that work fine. yet when I try to put an image here on the board i get this:

Is this something with tripod, or my settings? pics hosted by chikii and uploadit work fine for me, yet my tripod ones where i have an account won't work
    If you were to read their TOS, Tripod does not allow Remote Linking. That's why the image above shows up when you link to an image on their server from another website not located in Tripod servers.

Of course Chikii and UploadIt works fine because they are made for remote linking.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Originally posted by Mr. Blunt+22 February 2004 - 20:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr. Blunt @ 22 February 2004 - 20:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kaiweiler@22 February 2004 - 16:27

Is this something with tripod, or my settings? pics hosted by chikii and uploadit work fine for me, yet my tripod ones where i have an account won&#39;t work
    If you were to read their TOS, Tripod does not allow Remote Linking. That&#39;s why the image above shows up when you link to an image on their server from another website not located in Tripod servers.

Of course Chikii and UploadIt works fine because they are made for remote linking. [/b][/quote]
    bah, what a bunch of cheap bastards
    thanks for the info though bud
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by kaiweiler+22 February 2004 - 16:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kaiweiler @ 22 February 2004 - 16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Mr. Blunt@22 February 2004 - 20:32
    <!--QuoteBegin-kaiweiler
    @22 February 2004 - 16:27

Is this something with tripod, or my settings? pics hosted by chikii and uploadit work fine for me, yet my tripod ones where i have an account won&#39;t work

If you were to read their TOS, Tripod does not allow Remote Linking. That&#39;s why the image above shows up when you link to an image on their server from another website not located in Tripod servers.

Of course Chikii and UploadIt works fine because they are made for remote linking.
    bah, what a bunch of cheap bastards
    thanks for the info though bud [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, it has to do with the bandwith.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    pusher's Avatar The New Moral
    I don&#39;t know if this works with Tripod but Geocities has the exact same policy as Tripod when it comes to hotlinking images. If you rename the image to filename.txt (instead of filename.jpg, filename.gif...blah blah..) you can link the image to where-ever and get away with it.

But I must warn you. If your site gets a lot of traffic the pictures will go down because you exceed your bandwidth for your geocities or tripod account. It&#39;s best to go with a free image uploading place so you can get all the traffic you want without the image going down.
    The color of this signature is really blue. If you see otherwise, please adjust your monitor settings.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    Money Fist's Avatar Che-Che get the yayo
    im never gonna sign myself up for tripod
    coz all i see is them stupid
    pictures

every were

ill stick to my webhost
    1asphost.com

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    TRshady
    You can understand why they do it though cant you?

If you was paying, you would have a set bandwidth limit and therefor they would leave the decision to you, as posting a large pic on a very popular will use more bandwidth then you expect. Reach you limit and your account goes down ... but if you dont pay, there using a load of extra bandwidth and getting feck all for it.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Money Fist's Avatar Che-Che get the yayo
    Originally posted by TRshady@23 February 2004 - 14:47
    You can understand why they do it though cant you?

If you was paying, you would have a set bandwidth limit and therefor they would leave the decision to you, as posting a large pic on a very popular will use more bandwidth then you expect. Reach you limit and your account goes down ...&nbsp; but if you dont pay, there using a load of extra bandwidth and getting feck all for it.
    true

if i made a web host sevice
    ill restrict all ya asses to 1mb bandwidth max for a month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast