Thread: How To Get Rid Of Or Detect

man, i'm like clueless when it comes to computer stuff, and bitorrent, even though has hella good REAL stuff , pisses me off cuz i can't get it to run correclty with my yahoo dsl.....i keep talking to people about the situation and they tell me that i have a firewall or something, and when i use the shadow experimental, my lights always yellow from start to finish, and for something that's supposed to give 150kb/sec, i only get like 12/kbsec average on this....can someone help me out...? all i have is windows 2000 and norton 2002, and i disabled norton.....

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Do you have a router?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by mikenmike0001@22 February 2004 - 17:31
    man, i'm like clueless when it comes to computer stuff, and bitorrent, even though has hella good REAL stuff , pisses me off cuz i can't get it to run correclty with my yahoo dsl.....i keep talking to people about the situation and they tell me that i have a firewall or something, and when i use the shadow experimental, my lights always yellow from start to finish, and for something that's supposed to give 150kb/sec, i only get like 12/kbsec average on this....can someone help me out...? all i have is windows 2000 and norton 2002, and i disabled norton.....
    ahhhhahhahaahahhaha

i am sorry but... ahhahhahahahahhahhaaaha

ok i am fine now

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    i don't even know what a router looks like, how do i identify one?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Originally posted by mikenmike0001@23 February 2004 - 07:23
    i don't even know what a router looks like, how do i identify one?
    Where your computer connects to the internet, your computer connects to a box(router/modem) then that to a phone jack....

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yep, what you need to do is port forward on your router. Have you identified yours yet?
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    muchspl2
    xp has a built in firewall
    try a program called port magic http://www.purenetworks.com/products/portmagic/ free trail and it will open ports that are closed

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    alright thanks.....