Thread: Bt D/ls Are Closing Explorer

i've been using BT (shadows client) for a few months and generally i save everything into the same folder and then move it to wherever later on when i have finished uploading, sometimes tho' when i try to open the folder i have just downloaded to i get a message saying windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. if the file is in a seperate folder i can usually move it somewhere else and it works ok, but if it isn't in a seperate folder then i cant access it. this only ever happens to stuff from BT and it isn't everything that it happens to, it seems random! i've got upto date virus protection and a firewall and have recently done a full format and re install of windows (xp corp w/SP1) and it is still happening. any ideas anyone?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    update hard drive drivers

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Hard Drives don't need specific drivers.

Update your motherboard's drivers, including the IDE or SATA (whichever you use) drivers to the latest version.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    This happens to me if I open a folder with incomplete movie files and windows tries to make thumbnails. But if I change the view it works fine.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by jasonmog@22 February 2004 - 22:53
    update hard drive drivers
    lol if hard drives needed drivers and u had a hard drive but the drivers were incompatible how would u b able 2 update the drivers if no data could b written to the hard drive?
    tYiA

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Benno@23 February 2004 - 11:24
    This happens to me if I open a folder with incomplete movie files and windows tries to make thumbnails. But if I change the view it works fine.
    exactly. also, this might happen if their ogg files. depending on the codec ver. u have installed.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503