Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Files ?

hi in my shared folder on kazaa i only have like 9 files, but in the corner of my screen in says that i am sharing 73 i dont know what else i am sharing the only folder i am sharing is my shared folder
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE
    Signature removed, please check the board rules

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Check the "My Kazaa" button (or "My something or other" depending on the client you are using).

It's next to "web" and shows what you are sharing.

"My shared folder" is just the default for your downloads unless you have made other specific choices (whoops - another tautology slipped through&#33
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    if your shared folder is the only thing you are sharing you got a virus

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Another simple thought from a simple mind - go to windows explorer>tools>folder options - click the "view" tab and select "show hidden files and folders". This could reveal more files.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    yes but he says he only is sharing 9 files in the shared folder but the klite is saying he is sharing 73 files, now thats not hidden files

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    It is probably a virus or trojan.

Does your uploads show 'strange files' that you don't remember downloading?
    If so, it's DEFINITELY a virus/trojan!

In either case, Ad Aware and/or SpyBot can kill many trojans and good up-to-date antivirus software can get the rest.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    some things are downloaded in seperate parts, so kazaa thinks each individual part is a file. when i download movies sometimes that can be upto 60 indivual parts and then i extrat them to make one watchable file. but when they are in parts the number is high. i have had 'sharing 443 files' when i have only about ten things in my folder

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by the mask@18 February 2004 - 14:33
    some things are downloaded in seperate parts, so kazaa thinks each individual part is a file. when i download movies sometimes that can be upto 60 indivual parts and then i extrat them to make one watchable file. but when they are in parts the number is high. i have had 'sharing 443 files' when i have only about ten things in my folder
    no boss then you got a problem, klite does downlaod in chuncks but its all in one dat file.

and to watch that file you don't need to extract anything, you just put it in videolan as one dat file

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    cool musleman, typical of me putting my foot in it again!!
    but just to add i use one folder for all my downloads from BT,overnet and kazaa

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    Originally posted by the mask@18 February 2004 - 19:01
    cool musleman, typical of me putting my foot in it again!!
    but just to add i use one folder for all my downloads from BT,overnet and kazaa
    that should be fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast