Thread: Altdesk

AltDesk

What do you guys think about this? I am looking ways to customize my desktop better and efficiently. I dont want a shell replacement, just want the desktop to be sort of customizable and like astonshell.

Any suggestions/comments/flaws/alternatives?

Thanks,
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    there was a program i used to use long time ago tried the website and new version is out .. u can give it a try

the proggy name and link :Hover Desk
    good luck

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    muchspl2
    I&#39;m all for ashton, I really like how littel ram it uses
    even on a old 500mhz with 128 ram

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    what is its link muchspl2 ?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    @Mercy, Thanks for replying. Also for aston, go on the link I had posted and select aston shell instead of altdesk.

@muchspl2, I didnt like altdesk at all. I installed aston and had few skins infact even the one you had. The thing is, something is always missing. In insignia, it looks great but the menu&#39;s when you press start button, sucks. It doesnt go with the skin at all. I would have expected round edges instead. None of the themes satisfy what I really want. I am interested in a calendar in it as well.

Any suggestions?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl2
    to be honest i never tried altdest, but i likt the theme