Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virus Backdoor.blarul

BANNED
    folks for some reason as soon as norton and systematic av users update their anti viruses , they are gettting a false reading of this virus in overnet.exe or edonkey.exe.

please set your ave to exclude the scanning of only "ovenet.exe" or/and "edonkey.exe"

this is a false alarm don't be worried nothing there

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    well, why is it doing this then? there must be a reason...

tralalala

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by tralalala@24 February 2004 - 09:29
    well, why is it doing this then? there must be a reason...

tralalala
    yes boss the reason is a false reading

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    stupid norton!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    so theres basically no way of fixing this except by excluding overnet.exe from the scan?

tralalala

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    ya that is sometimes avs do that, thats why they have the exclusion rule. its no different then, if you remember a while back some firewalles were falsely reporting klite sending mail, i dont know if you remember or not. anyways, you are only excluding the exe not the whole folder

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    mustleman I dunno thought because my isp has said that I have had a virus for a while and I have checked all of my stuff and I have found 1 trojan in the past in Emule. I removed it. Now when Norton updated it found Backdoor.Blaru . This is very strange that my isp has been disconnecting me for a long time and telling me I have a virus but nothing seems to catch it. Now all of a sudden 2/24/04 Norton updates and I find a virus in Overnet. I have checked other boards and they have some stuff in other languages about how to get rid of the virus/backdoor. I dunno but I am really starting to wonder if my isp is right.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    can ya'll tell me how to exclude the .exe? cos once i download it again, itll probably delete it without a warning...

tralalala

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    lol, i was right, i downloaded it again, and i couldnt even finish installing... so, what do i do now?!?!??!!!?!?! :helpsmile:
    how do i make norton NOT delete the overnet.exe file??????

tralalala

10. File Sharing   -   #10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast