Thread: Zonealarm And Overnet Question

guys, i'm confused here...my zonealarm keeps detecting that overnet wants to send an email, and when this happens, my downloads stop. that's kinda annoying

i've permanently blocked that permission ever since, but y is this happening in the first place?

and also, wat is the default udp port used by overnet? mine is 6456 but zonealarm keeps blocking connections to udp port 6460, is this port in any way related to overnet?

thx
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Well i would unblock it, its either you or someone else whos using the same port that email uses for overnet, this is usally done so people can avoid firewalls and the like....

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    your ports are in options>network> here you see the 2 ports

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by junkyardking@25 February 2004 - 07:29
    Well i would unblock it, its either you or someone else whos using the same port that email uses for overnet, this is usally done so people can avoid firewalls and the like....
    i dun quite understand wat ur trying to say...u can plz explain a bit further, thx

MUSLEMAN, i've checked the options already...like i said, overnet uses udp port 6456...but why is it that zonealarm keeps blocking udp port 6460. are both of them related? btw, is ur overnet using the same udp port? thx

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    i don't use za but i can tell you that i always see it misreporting things with differnt apps, it use to do the same with klite.

Some firewalls assume that any connection to port 25 is an email attempt. As such, if ovenet connects to a remote user, who is using port 25 for their client, the firewall will mistakenly assume that overnet is sending email.

my udp is 6440

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    ic...dat i can accept
    thx for the help

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by gildan2020+25 February 2004 - 04:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gildan2020 @ 25 February 2004 - 04:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-junkyardking@25 February 2004 - 07:29
    i dun quite understand wat ur trying to say...u can plz explain a bit further, thx

MUSLEMAN, i&#39;ve checked the options already...like i said, overnet uses udp port 6456...but why is it that zonealarm keeps blocking udp port 6460. are both of them related? btw, is ur overnet using the same udp port? thx [/b][/quote]
    email uses port 25...

A person who is using overnet has configered it to use port 25 to bybass some firewall or the like.

Zonealarm detects the use of port 25 and thinks it&#39;s sending email, it&#39;s not it&#39;s just connecting to other clients normally , just allow it or overnet will stop working....