Thread: Software To Play Dvd

Hi,

I'm a user ok Klite Mega Codec Pack, so I have the Cyberlink DVD decoder, but I don't know which program use to play DVD : should I use PowerDVD, or, as I have the Cyberlink DVD decoder, can I use another program, compatible with this codec ?

Thx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I use WinDVd or WMP9 or VideoLAN..
    Any of those will work with the codec pack/decoder you have

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Retired
    I prefer Cyberlink PowerDVD

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@26 February 2004 - 03:57
    Same here. When I got my first DVD drive several years ago, I tried all the popular players and found PowerDVD to be the best. In fact I actually bought version 3.0 (this was before Kazaa), and I still use that same version today. And I'm still more than happy with it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@26 February 2004 - 04:57
    Yes I use PowerDVD 5, just because it came in a bundle w/ my HIS 9600XT card, but I havn't had any problems or complaints at all about it, it's good software
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    I use PowerDVD (on this compputer), but it not as good as the recent versions of windvd.

Powerdvd doesnt automatically play the whole movie (from hard drive) when you double click the ifo file. Instead you have to load it from the interface, or play one vob file at a time.

Windvd is much more convenient. The only raeson i don't use it (on this computer)is because i have WINDVDR installed, which would be blocked if i installed windvd because it has a blacklisted serial.

EDIT: OOPs, forgot to mention i have version 4 installed of powerdvd.
    Robert00000

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    h1
    VideoLAN on my Linux box. Nothing needs to be said about this program.