Thread: New Cpu Running Like It's Underclocked

Poster
    I cannot even access the FSB in bios
    The CPU is 2200+ can anyone tell me what the FSB should be set to to get it running at that at the moment it's running at 853 MHz.
    If I was half decent at maths and knew the sum I could prolly do it myself but I'm crap at maths and a n00b when it comes to FSB lol.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by AcID ZeR0@24 February 2004 - 16:57
    I cannot even access the FSB in bios
    The CPU is 2200+ can anyone tell me what the FSB should be set to to get it running at that at the moment it's running at 853 MHz.
    If I was half decent at maths and knew the sum I could prolly do it myself but I'm crap at maths and a n00b when it comes to FSB lol.
    the fsb should be set to 133 (266 effective) and the multiplier to 13.5.

ur fsb is probably runing at 66 (66*13.5=891, which is close to what you said yours was running at.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    What motherboard is it?

If you can't access the FSB from bios, it is probably set by switches on the mobo.

I have never seen a mobo which could go up to 133MHz base frequency where there wasn't an option to set the FSB in bios, so perhaps it isn't supported. But I haven't seen them all so I could easily be wrong.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    i had a problem like this yesterday....

my athlon xp 2000 was running at 1.2ghz....

all i did was switch a switch from off to on/... but until you give us the name of your mobo we cant really help you at the mo