Thread: Best Hubs?

Im basically looking for the best hubs on DC++....peferably the most popular hubs and such. Could any one point me in the right direction? :helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Look around in the public hublist and you'll find quite a few that could be to your liking.
    Just join some, read the rules, talk with people and see which one you like most.

If you need to look for hublists or hubs themselves, http://www.hublist.org is a good place to start.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@9 February 2004 - 14:29
    Look around in the public hublist and you'll find quite a few that could be to your liking.
    Just join some, read the rules, talk with people and see which one you like most.

If you need to look for hublists or hubs themselves, http://www.hublist.org is a good place to start.
    there are many places where u can download hublists...
    Juzz search hublist in the google.com website!!

anyway wat Notorious has said is most famous of all!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    u might like to check the larger hubs as they seem to be most popular but some small ones aint bad either
    Open your mind

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@9 February 2004 - 05:54
    Im basically looking for the best hubs on DC++....peferably the most popular hubs and such. Could any one point me in the right direction?  :helpsmile:
    Going on the same path you are starting to walk I found several things.

First. There is no ideal list, because everyone has different needs. If you're heavy into books for example you're not looking for most crowded hub but for a largest book oriented hub like Mystery.kicks-ass.org:4660 for example. Try filtering the results on public hubs with .lit, books, etc.

Second. The more you share the more good hubs you can get into.

Third. I'm still walking the path. So I can not tell you more about private hubs, because I have no idea if it is worth trying to get their addresses, trying to get in.

Forth. I share around 100 GB on a cable and have 10 open slots. Basically the problem is how to make a long list of quality hubs you can be allways connected to, because some hubs limit the number of open slots you can have, others limit the number of hubs, etc.
    The list below is my default list of hubs I automatically connect to.

oulu.kicks-ass.net
    dutch.kicks-ass.org
    swenation.zapto.org
    ti1.tropico.se
    xShare1.UDGNet.com
    tottes.no-ip.org
    ahus.no-ip.com
    err.no-ip.com
    batmax.no-ip.com:23
    trashcan2.mine.nu

With Reverse Connect it works for me like a charm. I am a big movie downloader and music (ape format) encoder, so I share both and usually I can download any movie that is wide spread in a 3 - 4 hours time frame on 1,5 Mb download broadband.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Thanks for the reccomendations.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Manny Roscoe@26 February 2004 - 11:17
    Thanks for the reccomendations.
    You're welcome.