Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Skweeky Wants A Pet

Get a non-shedding lop earred (they tend to be smart)rabbit. If male, you must get it neutered, probably a good idea for a female as well.

Rabbits tend to get scared quite a bit and tend to release tons of hair in the process. Do not get a shedder!

Mature male rabbits like to mark their territory with extra stinky urine and tend to bite. Mine welcomed me from the shower one morning by leaping in the air and sending a stream of urine across my ankles. We visited the Vet the next day.

I had a dwarf rabbit (3-4lbs mature), he was quite smart but they tend to be a little nervous and their immune systems are a bit suspect from too much inbreeding.

Rabbits will also tend to jump up on your bed and wake you by licking your face (usually the inside of your nostril), I was always afraid I would move during sleep an crush the little bugger.

Rabbits should be pets, not captives in a hutch. They can be effectively litter trained, just like cats, but I would use newspaper not cat litter.

They need something like pinecones or wood to keep their teeth filed down and they do need their nails clipped. You can do this by flipping the rabbit on his back, it puts him in a semi-trance, no joke.

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.mybunnies.com/images/clyde_trance1_041500.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Rabbits like to be rubbed along the nose and petted with the grain of their hair. They will grind their teeth which equals "purring".

A relaxed rabbit will assume the stretch limo postion:

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.beal-net.com/laluna/happyfeet.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Very cheap to feed.

Dangers: They chew on stuff. #1 killer is chewing through electrical wires. Mine did this to my refrigerator and a lamp. No harm came to the rabbit for reasons unknown, but it did singe his whiskers into little curly pubic hair looking things.

My rabbit also found my college diploma and tore it to shreds. He told me later that he had no respect for my University. So be careful!

BTW, my parents cats and dogs didn't really bother my rabbits. The cats were declawed and only one attempted to revive his hunting instincts by putting a paw around my large rabbits shoulder. The rabbit was rather unimpressed, and the cat kind of got confused and walked away.

Ferrets smell like piss and are always getting into trouble.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Dont get a cat Squeeky in case it has a pregnant paws.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@25 February 2004 - 02:22
    Get a non-shedding lop earred (they tend to be smart)rabbit. If male, you must get it neutered, probably a good idea for a female as well.

Rabbits tend to get scared quite a bit and tend to release tons of hair in the process. Do not get a shedder!

Mature male rabbits like to mark their territory with extra stinky urine and tend to bite. Mine welcomed me from the shower one morning by leaping in the air and sending a stream of urine across my ankles. We visited the Vet the next day.

I had a dwarf rabbit (3-4lbs mature), he was quite smart but they tend to be a little nervous and their immune systems are a bit suspect from too much inbreeding.

Rabbits will also tend to jump up on your bed and wake you by licking your face (usually the inside of your nostril), I was always afraid I would move during sleep an crush the little bugger.

Rabbits should be pets, not captives in a hutch. They can be effectively litter trained, just like cats, but I would use newspaper not cat litter.

They need something like pinecones or wood to keep their teeth filed down and they do need their nails clipped. You can do this by flipping the rabbit on his back, it puts him in a semi-trance, no joke.

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    <a href=&#39;
    http://www.mybunnies.com/images/clyd...41500.jpg&#39; target=&#39;image&#39;>Image Resized
    [img]http://www.mybunnies.com/images/clyde_trance1_041500.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a>

Rabbits like to be rubbed along the nose and petted with the grain of their hair. They will grind their teeth which equals "purring".

A relaxed rabbit will assume the stretch limo postion:

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    <a href=&#39;
    http://www.beal-net.com/laluna/happyfeet.jpg&#39; target=&#39;image&#39;>Image Resized
    [img]http://www.beal-net.com/laluna/happyfeet.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a>

Very cheap to feed.

Dangers: They chew on stuff. #1 killer is chewing through electrical wires. Mine did this to my refrigerator and a lamp. No harm came to the rabbit for reasons unknown, but it did singe his whiskers into little curly pubic hair looking things.

My rabbit also found my college diploma and tore it to shreds. He told me later that he had no respect for my University. So be careful&#33;

BTW, my parents cats and dogs didn&#39;t really bother my rabbits. The cats were declawed and only one attempted to revive his hunting instincts by putting a paw around my large rabbits shoulder. The rabbit was rather unimpressed, and the cat kind of got confused and walked away.

Ferrets smell like piss and are always getting into trouble.
    Was it large. white and called Harvey???

4. Lounge   -   #14
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by RGX@24 February 2004 - 20:47
    I love snakes, best pet ever.
    got a trouser snake for her

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Don&#39;t bother Joob Joob. got one myself

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by Skweeky@25 February 2004 - 02:12

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. Lounge   -   #17
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by Skweeky@24 February 2004 - 22:12
    i know you scum

8. Lounge   -   #18
    internet.news
    Here is a rat - I remember RatFaced when seeing it positively:

9. Lounge   -   #19
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@24 February 2004 - 23:50
    Ferrets arent very cuddly...

..mind you can pick em up cheap these days

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.britishtool.com/images/ferret.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    Is that a picture of Jonno pissing in the fuel tank?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Godzuki

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast