Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aborted Uploaders?

Hiya
    I have 2 hard drives and I had installed Kazaa into my 2nd personal hard drive,
    I configured all my options including my shared folder to be accessed by other members. When I click on "My Shared Folder" my files ARE there, but those who are trying to upload from me are getting instantly Aborted I configured my
    firewall setting in Norton Antivirus 2004 but STILL having problems.
    Please Help
    Thanks
    "Our greatest accomplishment in life is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by CocoColaNut@24 February 2004 - 20:58
    Hiya
    I have 2 hard drives and I had installed Kazaa into my 2nd personal hard drive,
    I configured all my options including my shared folder to be accessed by other members. When I click on "My Shared Folder" my files ARE there, but those who are trying to upload from me are getting instantly Aborted I configured my
    firewall setting in Norton Antivirus 2004 but STILL having problems.
    Please Help
    Thanks
    what exactly did you configure in norton it can be very sensitive?
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I "Permited" my Kazaa Shared folder all inbound and outbound connections allowed through Norton's Firewall. I just recently upgraded to the 2004 edition of
    Norton and I think (by reading relative problems in various sites) something about certain registry programs that Norton scans as a threat. I did have 1 posted threat (Not a virus, but threat) and if you click on "fix", it screws up all the registry files associated with this 'threat" which really wasn't a threat..... I needed to reinstall Norton anyway, so when I did, I unchecked the threat (Adware program) and skipped the scan.. Then I tried Kazaa again to see if members can upload from me, and they still can't. Maybe you can help some more... thanks
    "Our greatest accomplishment in life is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    you need to allow klite to go in and out not the shared folder

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Hee Muselman, I know that... That was the first thing I had done smartypants!! Still didn't work... believe it or not! Also My Shared folder was placed outside of the Kazaa
    Installation for some reason. My 2nd Hard drive is not an OS compatible drive... it is for storage only. Somehow the shared folder was placed where I didn't want it to go. So I went back and added it to be shared through My Options. Still didn't work as far as those uploading from me... they keep getting aborted but my files ARE IN "My Shared Folder" ... My downloads WORK though, Kinda kookie, huh. Maybe an administrator, host, etc. can give me a hand somehow.
    Thanks for the tip anyhow.
    P.S. I checked Kazaa Tools, can't find ANYTHING to explain the problem.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Just checked back and found some are uploading... but little by little.
    1 upload, then others are aborted, then 2 uploads and others are aborted... so on and so on. I haven't signed onto Kazaa for some time and I had these files to be shared in a folder for a while. Does Kazaa Admin. do a scan of members files to be uploaded before members can access them? If that's what it was, that explains
    the delay... I think Well guess this problem solve.. I think.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    hey boss first thing i'm trying to help i didnt see you say you allowed klite itself to go in and out.

seconde the shared folder is no longer inside of klite folder thats been since the K++ nor is the db folder.

third i don't understand what you mean by:

Does Kazaa Admin. do a scan of members files to be uploaded before members can access them

wth do you mean by that??

also remember you are not the only source for the files you have, maybe that little is all they need

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    exactly , i get around 3/4 of uploads aborted b4 they are completed, this usualy means the person who is uploading from me has gone off line, happens a lot with movies as there aint many ppl download a whole movie in 1 hit,

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Hey Musel, no insult... I was just frustrated and tired is all. If I insulted you, I didn't mean to, I'm sorry sincerely. I've been up since 2:00 am trying to figure this out. Stuff like this that I was able to figure out in the past through reading faq's, understanding how Firewalls work (especially Norton's previous version of 2003) and just trial and error, but NOW, despite all I tried, nothing seemed to work. Stuff like that drives me absolutely crazy. Also, there is a folder in the Kazaa program files called "KShared" which my files weren't shown there at first... now they are, but before I cut and pasted them from that other "shared folder", they werent. And to Delphin B) , I've been a member of Kazaa for a long time, this problem I'm having was strange and never happened to me before. I know members abort files themselves, but in this case every single upload was instantly aborted systematically, quickly, one after another. It was wierd! I also reformatted my hard drive at one point therefore deleting Kazaa and had to reinstall it again. (I saved my downloads to Cd's) When I tried to sign back onto the boards after reinstall, it didn't recognize my previous screen name and password, therefore assumed I was a new member. I added my downloads through Kazaa's Option "Find Media To Share" from the Cd's. Everything seemed to work fine and dandy. But after I registered and re-signed back onto Kazaa's board along with installing Norton Internet Security 2004, then going back into Kazaa's "Traffic" to check my current downloads and uploads ... that's when the problem started. That's when I checked the shared folders, the firewalls etc., etc. then felt like throwing this damn computer out the window As far as Kazaa scanning files, I didn't know what to make of the problem I was having, and after I checked out everything with the Firewalls, I wasn't sure why every member was getting aborted constantly. So, AFTER I checked everything w/the firewall, etc. I started reaching for other solutions, that it might not be Norton, and I thought maybe Kazaa scans "new" members files to be shared which is understandable since it didn't recognize me as a previous member. Which could be another possible solution why members were getting aborted from my files since Kazaa might be scanning them first to make sure that they are safe and they "abort" members from uploading from "new" members files at first to make sure they are safe which some sites do and "scans" them first, like DriverGuide, etc. I donated a display driver which they scanned first before adding it to their board... I didn't know, I was just reaching for another reason....Sorry again. I think it has something to do with Norton, etc. I think the 2004 version has problems w/p2p, like Aol. Well anyway, it seems to be working now... So I'm not going to try to fix something that doesn't seem to be broke anymore... I hope
    Wish me luck!

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    emm hold on boss, first of when you say kazaa scans i hope you are talking about your version and not the network or something or somebody else.

second where those files on the cd still when you made this thread??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast