Thread: Legality Question

A while back I remember reading something on someone's signature that said something to the effect that uploading was illegal while downloading was not. This is wrong, isn't it? Doesn't "copyright infringement" go both ways? Either way, it doesn't bear a bit on my file-sharing. I'm protected by ProtoWall and will continue to share.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Depending on your contries laws both are illegal.
    However, the targets for copywrite holders have been those uploading the stuff. If you destory the sources, the network will follow.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thanks

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    US & Californian Law is applicable here, if those members wish to advise...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    It's legal (for now) in Canada.
    Random Quote of the Day
    Manny Calavera: My scythe. I like to keep it where my heart used to be.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I'm in the US. That's very cool that it's still legal for the moment in Canada. Must be that its media industries aren't as ridden with greed as ours are.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Left_Of_Cool@11 July 2004 - 05:28
    I'm in the US. That's very cool that it's still legal for the moment in Canada. Must be that its media industries aren't as ridden with greed as ours are.
    LOL. In the immortal words of Peter Griffin: Bastards. Yeah, there was a supreme court judge who decided through some legal s*it that music downloading was legal, bla bla bla. But then, so is pot (up to 15 grams) horray! Huh? What were we talking about? Oh yeah, right. It's too bad that you guys don't get free legal music. Ours probably won't last though.
    Random Quote of the Day
    Manny Calavera: My scythe. I like to keep it where my heart used to be.