Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My New Overclock

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    it may look good now, but when iwas playing with the fsn on mine, sometimes it would look totally stable, and not crash for up to 12hours, but would crash then. it got longer and longer as i lowered the fsb, i couldnt be bothered finding a totally stable fsb. just put it back to stock.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I could be wrong Livy ( there is a first time for everything...), but your problem was probably down to the memory.

My understanding is that a chip error manifests itself right away, assuming it will boot into the desktop at all.
    Memory errors on the other hand, can take quite a while to show up. Hours, days or even longer.

You might be able to increase stability by either upping your vDIMM, running asynched, or getting faster memory sticks.

Or you could just stay stock....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i have pc2700 ram, nfroce 2 baord and barton 2500, and i had the memory running at 66% of fsb. so i dunno.

edit: also i cant change the vdimm. and i was thinking about getting pc 3200 sticks, but im gonna sort out cooling first.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oh.
    Well then.
    I did say I could be wrong...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    it may well have been memory then. not sure.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    didnt like john lennon or somebody like that post about some little paper thing that you put onto the cpu that touches some of the pins together? is that thing real and where can you buy them? maybe you could try it out bigdawgfoxx.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@27 February 2004 - 02:05
    didnt like john lennon or somebody like that post about some little paper thing that you put onto the cpu that touches some of the pins together? is that thing real and where can you buy them? maybe you could try it out bigdawgfoxx.
    Third time.

IT DOESN'T WORK ANY MORE.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@26 February 2004 - 22:05
    Lol, pay for a better overclocking, I never did get that.

And livy, I actually the new Speed Strip, (what they are called) will unlock the new AXDA CPU's, (post 39 week '03 cpus that are locked after that time.)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@25 February 2004 - 21:38

*ALSO*

I have overclocked my graphics card as you can see pretty good. Everytime I turn off my computer and turn it back on..it resets it...its iritating..Im using rage 3d...is this just something we have to do? Or is there a way I can make it stay?
    nice job dawg. as for ur vd card, i recommend radlinker. it's on www.guru3d.com

it lets u set the clocks for boot as well. so when u boot, u boot with the mhz that u set.

1.8v!!?!?!?! and u still get such low temps?!?!?! wow!?!?!? it's like the magic hdd temps i had before. lol

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@28 February 2004 - 04:14
    it's like the magic hdd temps i had before. lol
    You're not accusing bigdawg of lying too, are you?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast