Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Is Normal Download Speed With T1

well i got 128Kbps... i download at 16Kb/s
    and thats considered pretty good here in new zealand [most people have 56k]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Well I have DSL and can dl at about 100 KB/s with popular stuff but don't know the advertised speed.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    All in one test: using server toast.net

1627*k

I'm on cable... something isn't right?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    i have optimum online and my bandwidth is usually around 3.5 megabits a second i can usually get around 120 kb/s on http downloads sometimes in the 200-300 kb/s but varying as the download goes .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    T1 is rated at 1.544Mbps downstream so (divide by 8) that's around a good solid 193 KB downloads. ADSL can often beat it, but the best of the best is OC-768 which is rated at 40Gbps!!! That's around 5 GB/s!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    daMN i just checked my speed here at work and get 1.148 Mbps
    (146.92 KBps. its a damn shame they dont let us use it the way it really should be meant for
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    The test at toast.net arent to accurate

Try

Cable-Modem.net

Speed Test

Speed Test

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    T1 also has 1.5 mbps upload which is a big difference from cable or dsl as most if not all of them are assymetrical and have slower upload than download...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    When I first got Comcast, it was symmetrical, but that didn't last long. The official story was that it was to keep people from using their machines as servers. In fact, it saves them a bunch of bandwidth. Your point is well taken. A lot of people don't realize that a two-way communication is going on in a DL, and that being capped upload drastically slows down a DL.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    well my t1+ is a 1gb connection. amazing download a 4mb mp3 in 4 sec. but from kazaa takes ages like 15-20sec uasually. this ant the pc i am on at the mo. it is my uncles. but i got around there a lot.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast