Thread: Outlook Express Help

I cant recieve my email on outlook express. has this error log onto incoming mail server (pop3) and when i try to get mail keeps ask for user name and password.

can ne one help me?

thanx again

DarkClown12
    ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    Athlon XP 1800+
    1 GIG PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    WINDOWS XP PRO WITH SERVICE PACK 2
    200GIG HARDDRIVE
    16X DVD-ROM
    DVD-BURNER
    EXTERNAL FLOPPY
    LIGHT IN CASE
    GEFORCE FX 5200 256MB

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    can u post the exact error message?

thanks
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Unable to logon incoming mail server (POP3).Please verify the settings in the user name, password and email fields.

but i check all that and it is correct.
    ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    Athlon XP 1800+
    1 GIG PC3200 DDR400 RAM
    WINDOWS XP PRO WITH SERVICE PACK 2
    200GIG HARDDRIVE
    16X DVD-ROM
    DVD-BURNER
    EXTERNAL FLOPPY
    LIGHT IN CASE
    GEFORCE FX 5200 256MB

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    since you would have to give your settings for us to be able to really help you, it may be better for you to contact your internet provider for help. I am sure they will fix it for you.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Nah that wont be unnecessary. (I hope)

For now, go to outlook express. Go to Tools > Accounts

Go to Mail Tab its not selected already. Now select your account and click properties or just double click it.

Then go to "Servers" tab and in there make sure your smtp and pop mail settings are what your host has given you.

Next in the Account name under incoming mail server
    give your username and in password write your password.
    Now Check the box under it "Remember my password"

This will take care of your password thing.

Now most servers require SSL for outgoing. Where is your pop mail at? Maybe looking at that I can help you more.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Here is a common mistake when setting up your mail account for OE. Or one that is easily overlooked...

By default, OE wants to use your primary internet connection. It looks at the user name and password for this account and merely transfers this to use for logging onto mail servers. Now for whatever reason, it auto-completes this into the appropriate box when you are setting up the account for the first time. But strangely, it only completes the identifing name on the account. And nothing after it.

So if the logon to your ISP account is <your name>@<your isp>.net (or .com) , OE may only auto complete the <your name> portion and leave off the rest. And it is common for ISP&#39;s to use your entire E-mail address as the logon for your internet account and mail.