Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would It Effect You ?

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    there has been a lot of debate about whether gays should be allowed the same rights to marry as hetrosexuals and all the legal stuff that goes with it
    I am a happily married hetrosexual and if a couple of same sex people want to marry it won't affect my life one bit.
    They are not asking for special treatment and are not on a recruitment drive. they just want to be given the SAME rights as every other American.
    this is not a post about approval or dissaproval, rather could anyone come up with a valid point as to just how it would detrimental to YOUR life if same sex marriage was allowed.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I went to a gay wedding last year, my 2 friends got married, Rob and Wayne
    It was done nicely and everyone had a great time, this was'nt a legal "By the church" marrage but they exchanged rings and vows and the ceremony was conducted by an American Priest who resembled Steven Hawkins Really!

So I don't see any reason why it should effect anyone, who does what is their right as human beings

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    the confusing thing to me is. with christians its wrong to be gay so marrying is conscious evil. if youre not christian doesnt marriage become irrelevent anyway?
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J'Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    sure fuckem

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I couldn&#39;t give a toss ...there&#39;s all this noise because it&#39;s new and supposedly shocking, but once all the fuss dies down people will stop going on about it ...if it&#39;s not gay marriages it&#39;s pokemon ...there&#39;s always something new and insignificant to complain about

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    yes .. yes it would effect me ...

*this is not actually gemby&#39;s view - merely an attempt to have a range of answers *
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

7. Lounge   -   #7
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by TARPD@26 February 2004 - 22:39
    the confusing thing to me is. with christians its wrong to be gay so marrying is conscious evil. if youre not christian doesnt marriage become irrelevent anyway?
    I&#39;m a christian.........aparently

I&#39;m bi sexual, I could&#39;nt give a shit what the church thinks considering most of them are gay anyway

@Gems......Thats twice tonight you made me laugh

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Lounge   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by gemby&#33;@26 February 2004 - 14:40
    yes .. yes it would effect me ...

*this is not actually gemby&#39;s view - merely an attempt to have a range of answers *
    i appreciate the joke but could you expand on that answer and say HOW it would effect you...funny answers are welcome..this is the spam room after all, but it would be nice if someone (especially the anti brigade) could come up with an example of how it would directly be detrimental to THEIR life apart from the fact that they don&#39;t like it

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+26 February 2004 - 18:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 26 February 2004 - 18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TARPD@26 February 2004 - 22:39
    I&#39;m a christian.........aparently

I&#39;m bi sexual, I could&#39;nt give a shit what the church thinks considering most of them are gay anyway

@Gems......Thats twice tonight you made me laugh

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
    [QUOTE]considering most of them are gay anyway

so true sorry

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    i&#39;m not really a christian. i see the bible as rough guidelines, but real christians would follow the book and breaking the rules really wouldnt be allowed by god
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J&#39;Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast