Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would It Affect You Directly

summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Originally posted by vidcc@27 February 2004 - 01:27
    ....rather could anyone come up with a valid point as to just how it would be detrimental to YOUR life if same sex marriage was allowed....
    It would surely affect my life, I would have a lot more wedding parties

Every, and I mean every single human being should have the same legal rights in the same country, and people who say they dont, like Bush, are nothing but arrogant selfish scornful haughty retards. Ofcourse, you have the right to disagree

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by Busyman@27 February 2004 - 10:51
    How does an employer have 2 single policies if, for instance,

a gay woman works and her life partner or whatever is pregnant (due to a sperm donor) and does not work?

2 people that had 2 seperate policies before now have one between them..they will choose to go with the one that's best for themselves. It's cheaper for insurance companies to run a family plan than seperate plans.
    all your statement does is argue against individual rights.
    It's funny you mentioned about race equality....if Bush tried to change the constitution to make interracial marriages illegal there would be uproar and rightly so (and i would be the loudest shouter). Why do you want to deny human rights to someone just because you don't like their way of life?
    I don't particularly care for the gay way of sex, but i don't have to see it and they don't do me any harm. what i am trying to get people to see is that human rights are being violated and this is being ignored and even applauded because of a general homophobic viewpoint.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Their would be economic effects both beneficial and detremental..of course same could be said if the level of heterosexual marriages went up....but no one would complain about that....

But as far as a REAL direct impact..no...don't have any gay friends and I dont have kids...so no

as far as choice thats another thread

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by vidcc@27 February 2004 - 17:09
    what i am trying to get people to see is that human rights are being violated and this is being ignored and even applauded because of a general homophobic viewpoint.
    Hmmm and I thought you were asking if gay marriages would affect me directly?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Originally posted by Busyman+27 February 2004 - 13:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 27 February 2004 - 13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc@27 February 2004 - 17:09
    what i am trying to get people to see is that human rights are being violated and this is being ignored and even applauded because of a general homophobic viewpoint.
    Hmmm and I thought you were asking if gay marriages would affect me directly? [/b][/quote]
    touche on this post.....no i ment in the whole general debate...we are both heavy posters on this whole issue on several posts

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Originally posted by vidcc+27 February 2004 - 18:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 27 February 2004 - 18:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Busyman@27 February 2004 - 13:31
    <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc
    @27 February 2004 - 17:09

touche on this post.....no i ment in the whole general debate...we are both heavy posters on this whole issue on several posts [/b][/quote]
    I gotcha vid
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by Busyman+27 February 2004 - 15:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 27 February 2004 - 15:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by vidcc@27 February 2004 - 18:41
    Originally posted by Busyman@27 February 2004 - 13:31
    <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc
    @27 February 2004 - 17:09

touche on this post.....no i ment in the whole general debate...we are both heavy posters on this whole issue on several posts
    I gotcha vid [/b][/quote]
    ok but would you please answer the question i posed
    It&#39;s funny you mentioned about race equality....if Bush tried to change the constitution to make interracial marriages illegal there would be uproar and rightly so (and i would be the loudest shouter). Why do you want to deny human rights to someone just because you don&#39;t like their way of life?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    FlyingDutchman's Avatar Poster
    My freedom (or freedom to act) ends where it infringes on someone elses freedom (or freedom to act).
    I hope and expect others to live by same rule.

I can&#39;t see how any marriage would affect me in an unreasonable way, so let them.
    (unless they want to marry my wife )

Just try to imagine how you would feel when restrained by similar rules when you feel like enforcing rules on others.

EDIT:
    BTW, homosexuals CAN marry for several years now in my country.
    No-one has been hurt by this &#39;freedom to act&#39;.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    not at all , i dont know why its a big deal , they should be able to get married if they want.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Originally posted by vidcc
    It&#39;s funny you mentioned about race equality....if Bush tried to change the constitution to make interracial marriages illegal there would be uproar and rightly so (and i would be the loudest shouter). Why do you want to deny human rights to someone just because you don&#39;t like their way of life?
    I believe that the Constitution was supposed to give rights NOT take them away.
    I can&#39;t think of anything in the Constitution that takes rights away. You didn&#39;t have to put the racial card in there.

At the same time I doubt there will be an amendment to give gays the right TO marry in the Constitution either but the Constitution should not take away any rights.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast