Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would It Affect You Directly

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    posted in the spam room but serious replys only here please.

there has been a lot of debate about whether gays should be allowed the same rights to marry as hetrosexuals and all the legal stuff that goes with it
    I am a happily married hetrosexual and if a couple of same sex people want to marry it won't affect my life one bit.
    They are not asking for special treatment and are not on a recruitment drive. they just want to be given the SAME rights as every other American.
    this is not a post about approval or dissaproval, rather could anyone come up with a valid point as to just how it would be detrimental to YOUR life if same sex marriage was allowed, other than the fact that you don't like it.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Hmm..no answers yet...i wonder why

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    1. The country will now have millions of new people added to insurance premiums that were never there and were never going to be there. This translates to another excuse why corporations like mine have to downsize, cut pensions for retirees, blah,blah. Corporations will be required to cover these new "spouses".

2. My kids will now have a more profound element of sexuality in their face. Most people in this forum say (with absolutely no proof I might add) that the gay lifestyle is something you are born with. I happen to know through common sense that this is incorrect.
    The more an act or behavior is considered normal, the easier it is to act or behave that way. I am in no way saying that a person definitely will choose a gay lifestyle because it is considered normal. I'm saying that it is "easier" to do so.
    Environment and culture does not dictate but does influence lifestyle.

If my daughter (I don't really have one) was born with this heterosexual gene or small corpus callosum or whatever mumbo jumbo I've heard on these other threads and sometimes hangs out with girlfriends in high school that are gay and sleeps with some of them, many folks in this forum's explanation would be that she had the bisexual gene or the gay gene all along.

I'd say she was hanging out and tried something different.
    In different circumstances she might not have.

Gay marriage turns a keyhole into a doorway.

........and please...I don't want to hear arguments about gay couples raising heterosexual children. I already know........but that gay couples raising children is not the norm......................at all.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    i don't usually say this but on this to anyone as everyone's opinions are as worthy as mine but on this occassion busyman i have to say that is complete rubbish and certainly doesn't give a valid reason as to directly affecting you. If you are so worried about insurance premiums for spouses i suggest you start a campiagn to outlaw ALL marriage. By the way WE have to pay for our insurance even though the supplyer is our place of work, it's not the same deduction for single people as multi-policies.. but wait...it won't be any more expensive on the whole because instead of 2 single policies there will now be one policy for 2 people.
    Seems yet again you are taking a blinkered stance on this subject because you object to gay marriage.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    2. My kids will now have a more profound element of sexuality in their face. Most people in this forum say (with absolutely no proof I might add) that the gay lifestyle is something you are born with. I happen to know through common sense that this is incorrect.
    The more an act or behavior is considered normal, the easier it is to act or behave that way. I am in no way saying that a person definitely will choose a gay lifestyle because it is considered normal. I'm saying that it is "easier" to do so.
    But doesn't the fact that it isn't considered normal, and these people face a life of ridicule, pain, and judgement raise a gigantic red flag to the flaws of your commen sense?

The difference between my argument and your argument is that mine is known to be true. Everyone knows that gays face ridicule for there lifestyle and yet they continue with it, but you assume that a tolerant world will cause people to enjoy homosexual relations purely because they can and not because those urges were there before. I am 100% accepting of the homosexual lifestyle, and yet I have absolutly NO urge to try it out myself. Am I not considered proof that your commen sense may be wrong?

And what about the homosexual tendencies of animals? They certainly aren't being influenced by their society. Their actions are based purly on chemicals, hormones, and instinct. How do you explain this?

You don't see all this as proof that there is more involved then a simple decision to be gay?
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Originally posted by vidcc@26 February 2004 - 15:27
    They are not asking for special treatment and are not on a recruitment drive. they just want to be given the SAME rights as every other American.
    this is not a post about approval or dissaproval, rather could anyone come up with a valid point as to just how it would be detrimental to YOUR life if same sex marriage was allowed, other than the fact that you don't like it.
    please stick to the question....how it would be detrimental to your life...not how gays are created (by the way..gays are created in hetrosexual relationships)if you want to debate that start your own post

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    My bad.

Busyman, I would like to debate this with you in PM's. When debating in a open thread it gets messy with so many people posting. PM me if you are interested, if we reach a stalemate, which we probably will, we will just have to agree to disagree, but I would like to here your answers.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    no problems.....i actually enjoy reading both your posts, they are usually well thought out make sense and are written with passion of belief.
    My problem with this whoile subject has little to do with approval of gay marriages rather fear of our constitution being used to deny freedoms to the very people it is supposed to protect....if it can be used to repress gay rights then it could be used to repress YOUR rights...quote...a dangerous lock to turn a key in.
    take care and good debate

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Originally posted by vidcc@27 February 2004 - 13:35
    i don't usually say this but on this to anyone as everyone's opinions are as worthy as mine but on this occassion busyman i have to say that is complete rubbish and certainly doesn't give a valid reason as to directly affecting you. If you are so worried about insurance premiums for spouses i suggest you start a campiagn to outlaw ALL marriage. By the way WE have to pay for our insurance even though the supplyer is our place of work, it's not the same deduction for single people as multi-policies.. but wait...it won't be any more expensive on the whole because instead of 2 single policies there will now be one policy for 2 people.
    Seems yet again you are taking a blinkered stance on this subject because you object to gay marriage.
    How does an employer have 2 single policies if, for instance,

a gay woman works and her life partner or whatever is pregnant (due to a sperm donor) and does not work?

Blinkered stance?

My reasons are very valid my friend. I won't campaign to outlaw marriages. They have been around before you and me and I happen to believe in it.
    Notice I did say "excuse" for corporations to downsize. I'm sure the added coverage will not kill them but nevertheless, it is an added expense previously not there.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Originally posted by dwightfry@27 February 2004 - 13:59
    But doesn't the fact that it isn't considered normal, and these people face a life of ridicule, pain, and judgement raise a gigantic red flag to the flaws of your commen sense?

The difference between my argument and your argument is that mine is known to be true. Everyone knows that gays face ridicule for there lifestyle and yet they continue with it, but you assume that a tolerant world will cause people to enjoy homosexual relations purely because they can and not because those urges were there before. I am 100% accepting of the homosexual lifestyle, and yet I have absolutly NO urge to try it out myself. Am I not considered proof that your commen sense may be wrong?

And what about the homosexual tendencies of animals? They certainly aren't being influenced by their society. Their actions are based purly on chemicals, hormones, and instinct. How do you explain this?

You don't see all this as proof that there is more involved then a simple decision to be gay?
    Ahaaaaaa but the more it is accepted as a part of life then it WILL be considered "normal". You answered your own question.

There is now gay kissing, gay sex, and gay themes on TV shows, and a cave-in on gay legal issues (even though sodomy law was bullshit!&#33. Seems like it is becoming less "ridiculed" day by day.

Alot of people bring up the racial card when talking homosexuality well here's one:

Black are more accepted since segregation was lifted and equal rights were achieved. A white woman would be more likely to consider dating me now than in the 60's.

A tolerant world will "more likely" enjoy a gay lifestyle. Using yourself as proof is not proof in iteself.

There's my common sense.

btw, Sorry man but I've addressed your last part on numerous occasions.
    It is a way off-topic but homosexual animals are just fucking. That same dog that fucked his buddy just fucked a bitch .

I will say no more on that issue here.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast