Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What In The Heebies...

I just coughed up an odd yellow, foul-smelling, thing. I don't have a digital camera but it looks like I coughed up a miniture, yellow version of my left lung. Do I have cancer?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    yup or u need to stop smoking??

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Great... Now I'm not going to be able to sleep for a week because I think I'm going to die.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by SpectralHero@27 February 2004 - 02:34
    I don't have a digital camera
    thank god!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    You coughed up a ball of mucus. Was it in the morning? Nicotine causes the little hairs in your lung that clear debris to stop working. Usually a nights sleep is enough to let effects of nicotine wear off and thus the mornings "smoker cough".

When these little hairs stop working, mucus can build up and cause some pretty big and scary "mucus balls" which are yellow and smell pretty nasty.

You start coughing up blood or blood stained mucus, then think about cancer.

You don't need to be a smoker to form a nasty mucus ball, but they get them all the time.

If you smoke, you decide, is the nagging anxiety worth it?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by hobbes@27 February 2004 - 00:09
    You coughed up a ball of mucus. Was it in the morning? Nicotine causes the little hairs in your lung that clear debris to stop working. Usually an nights sleep is enough to let effects of nicotine wear off and thus the mornings "smoker cough".

When these little hairs stop working, mucus can build up and cause some pretty big and scary "mucus balls" which are yellow and smell pretty nasty.

You don't need to be a smoker to form a nasty mucus ball, but they get them all the time.

yes

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@27 February 2004 - 03:09
    You coughed up a ball of mucus. Was it in the morning? Nicotine causes the little hairs in your lung that clear debris to stop working. Usually a nights sleep is enough to let effects of nicotine wear off and thus the mornings "smoker cough".

I've just given up smoking and this was one of the main reasons, mornings were just vile for me...mucus everywhere. These days are great, I can run up stairs and walk up hills all without wheezing like an asthmatic rhino...

8. Lounge   -   #8
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Is there a lot of asthmatic rhinos around Plymouth, Cheese? I know there are a lot of old sea dogs down there.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Well Union Street (where all the nightclubs are) is full of wild animals of a weekend...I'm sure I've seen a few dogs down there as well!

10. Lounge   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You being one of them.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast