Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What, When, Who, How...help

YEEEEAAAAAH

You genius you!!

That old version site was the first site with internet explorer that wasn't dead end. As far as i can tell microsoft has recently pulled the plug on all versions of internet explorer bar 6.0. For instance, the other link you gave me for 5.x leads to the microsoft site where you are then told that it is on "extended support", which they then explain means that they no longer offer it for download, but mod's are available. Basically, hordes of links across the web are all useless now, beleive me, i've tried a few. However, it appears that Oldversion.com does not simply mirror the microsoft site, but instead actually has the program. At least, this is the way that i understand it.

Nonetheless, i now have a copy of internet explorer 3.2 running on my pc. Unfortunatly, 2.10 still doesn't work, and 2.4.4 still asks for windows98, but, i am currently downloading some other older versions of K-Lite from oldversions.com, and crossing my fingers and pretty much every other part of my anatomy that i possible can, and some that i can't

I'll post back in a few minutes with the details

Thanks so much

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Got an error message when i tried to run 2.40

"The KLCONFIGWIZARD.EXE file is
    linked to missing export SHELL32.DLL:SHGetSpecialFolderPathA"

That's the exact error message

I'm busy downloading another copy of the Kazaa-Lite, another version of 2.10

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Turns out that 2.10 build 3 doesn't like me either, this time the error message reads, "A required DLL file, MSVBVM60.DLL, was not found"

Busy downloading 2.0.2

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Seems 2.0.2 isn't in a friendly mood either, apparently it wants "windows version 4.1 or later"

Downloading the oldest copy available, 1.79 i think

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    1.72 has issues as well. "Couldn't locate function internet autodial" it says.

What do i do now?

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Whipsaw@27 February 2004 - 10:30
    Turns out that 2.10 build 3 doesn't like me either, this time the error message reads, "A required DLL file, MSVBVM60.DLL, was not found"

Busy downloading 2.0.2
    redownload this version 2.10 build 3

then go

here and downlaod the missing dll

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Cool site, downloaded the file and all went peachy, but, guess who came back to visit, "GetProcAddress() failed"

Any suggestions?

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    BANNED
    there is something i'm missing

is this version 2.10??

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Yup, version 2.1.0 build 3

Maybe i should just shoot my computer, or at least format and get a copy of 98

Is morpheus any good? A really crusty, old, buggy copy used to work on the computer. Maybe a better version might be out?

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    BANNED
    na mph is dead almost.

try the v2.10 with out the builds. other then that i don't know what to tell you

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast