Thread: Burning Software

big mike
    I'm a neuby so I ask for advice. Can anybody tell me the easiest software to use to burn the movies that I have downloaded to DVD. I have a SONY re-writable drive. I have DVD X COPY but that wont burn from my KAZAA file. Also is KAZAA GOLD really better than KAZAA LITE?

Thanks for the help, Big Mike

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    well i use pure motion eve to conver divx to dvd( its just my fav ), but there are lots and lots of programs, but the easy ones are usualy not the best,

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by big mike@27 February 2004 - 12:11
    I'm a neuby so I ask for advice. Can anybody tell me the easiest software to use to burn the movies that I have downloaded to DVD. I have a SONY re-writable drive. I have DVD X COPY but that wont burn from my KAZAA file. Also is KAZAA GOLD really better than KAZAA LITE?

Thanks for the help, Big Mike
    you need to encode it then burn it boss,

go here for all the info and software you need

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I got of copy of Kazaa Gold Plus Plus if you want to by a copy it is way better than all those others.

Well all kidding aside, KAZAA LITE IS FREE do not be conned into buy it. Do what muscle man said. If you already bought it get you money back, cancel that credit card charge.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    The best, the easiest and one of the reasonably priced I have found as far as burning to DVD's Software is "PowerProducer" 2.0 from Cyberlink.com which you can purchase as a download from cyberlink.com and a backup cd in case you need to re-install the program. (Lots easier than re-downloading the software again) You can easily choose what type of media you want to burn and choose the speed so it can fit the whole movie on one blank disk (High Quality 60 mins, Med Quality 120 mins and Low Quality 180 mins) It encodes most types of files, and you can create nice background screens. Important though: You mentioned that you have a "Sony Rewritable Drive" though. What type is it? Is it DVD-RW, DVD+RW or DVD-or+RAM. You have to have a "DVD" Rewritable Drive to burn DVD movies. If it is only a CD burner... you cannot burn DVD movies to be played on a dvd player attached to a TV from a CD burner. The only thing you can do with a plain CD burner is download the movie and copy it to the CD burner on a blank CD disc. You don't really need a DVD burning software for that, and DVD blank discs won't work in a CD Burner. You can't watch it on a DVD player attached to your TV, you can only watch them from your computer. The DVD player won't read CD burned movies. If you DO have a DVD Rewritable drive... you also need to purchase the correct blank burning discs.... DVD- (minus) drives only can burn to blank DVD- Discs... DVD+ (plus) drives can burn to both DVD- AND DVD+ blank Discs. Be sure you have the correct burner for what you want to do. And to buy the correct DVD blank discs. (Don't make a mistake, they are expensive and you can't return the package once you open it&#33 As Far As Kazza Gold Personally, I think it's a scam... Don't go for it. If file sharing between members is free, why shouldn't the program that obtains them be free as well?!? Doesn't make sense to pay for a free file sharing program. You can make a donation though if you want to, you don't have to... I'm sure the admin. would appreciate it if you do, but if you don't, that's ok too.
    Good luck with the burning
    "Our greatest accomplishment in life is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall"