Thread: Something Is Sharing... But What?

I had Kazaalite on my old comp maybe about a year ago. And I don't really remember if this was an activity that I saw before.

Got Kazaalite from Techtv's link, installed it on the new comp. Without even searching for anything, I see this at the bottom right of the window...

KazaaLiteK++@KaZaA, sharing 3 files

A bit weird'ed out I closed it, came back a few hours later, it said 1 file was being shared.

What's this about because I'm pretty sure I never saw that happening if I wasn't doing anything at all on Kazaalite. I have no idea what could, if anything, be shared right off the bat.

Is something sneaky going on? Or am I being scared into submission with all this RIAA and lawsuitin' going on?

Thanks for your time.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I know that when you first install it, it automatically puts the K-Lite installer file into your Shared Folder so that other people can download it, but I can't think what the other 2 files could have been.
    Just go to your shared folder and see what's in there.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thanks for responding, Sparkle.

I've checked the Shared Folder, even viewed all the files that are hidden on XP, and there's nothing in the folder at all.

Curious.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I don't belive I have seen a satisfactory answer to this question in the 2 years or so since I started using morpheous/kazaa.

But the kazaa installer was a good guess for one of the files.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    STOP THE PRESSES!!!
    K-LITE INSTALLS MALICIOUS MYSTERY FILES ON YOUR COMPUTER!!!!

Your Friend,
    Hilo

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Originally posted by KimboKane@27 February 2004 - 17:26
    Thanks for responding, Sparkle.

I've checked the Shared Folder, even viewed all the files that are hidden on XP, and there's nothing in the folder at all.

Curious.
    you need to do this

tools>folder options>view> here check the box for ?show hidden files?then uncheck the box that
    says ?hide protected operating system files (recommended)

do both of those and tell me what you see