Thread: Upload Handling In Overnet Sux

i had a last post to ... post, at the end of which i wanted to thank u 4 ur patience(in french the word for this is preterition, maybe its the same in english ), but i forgot what it was!
    so im just gonna say i believe the way overnet handles upload really sux, i give it 25 kb/sec (out of 44), and i never see it above 5. how stupid is it not ot take all i give, especially when i feel pretty sure that it wouldnt be enough to slow down my dls?
    cu soon dear m8s
    she's my baby.
    http://site.ifrance.com/aatelevision/La5/LaM46c.jpg
    Ecole Nationale de la Statistique et de l'Administration Economique

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by tbb_ensae@27 February 2004 - 17:16
    i had a last post to ... post, at the end of which i wanted to thank u 4 ur patience(in french the word for this is preterition, maybe its the same in english ), but i forgot what it was!
    so im just gonna say i believe the way overnet handles upload really sux, i give it 25 kb/sec (out of 44), and i never see it above 5. how stupid is it not ot take all i give, especially when i feel pretty sure that it wouldnt be enough to slow down my dls?
    cu soon dear m8s
    did you ever think that there is thousands of you with that file and that is all it needs from you???

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    hi all:
    have 40 current films dling, of which availiblity range goes from 20 sources (spartacus) to 1000++(les guignols putain 15 ans) on emule. since i believe overnet shares what i have already dled of these files (roughly 50% of all), i would except much better of my dedicated upload.

chi-2 statistics powah
    she's my baby.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    i also tend to see this often in my console
    "Upload Queue old. Starting Fresh"
    she's my baby.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    do you have version 0.52?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    I have version 0.52 and it does this sometimes too. What does it mean? Does it erase you que and start clean or what?
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Yep there is some bugs in overnet when it comes to uploading, for instance most times it will open up like 20 - 30 upload slots uploading at 0.3 each no matter what you set the upload rate at mines is about 10 - 11kb, they actualy know about it over at the overnet forums and are trying to track the bug down......

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Blademaster
    Yeah, I got 5-6 people uploading from me(their bytes transferred were increasing) and it was showing "Upload 0.0/0.2"

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    guys keep in mind its all an estimate