Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting New Video Card!

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    I'm getting a new vd card!! I have around $200 to spend. i'm thinking of getting this:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....talog=48&depa=1
    Image Resized
    [img]http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/14-102-268-05.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

it's the best that newegg has for a great price.

any suggestions? Any feedback on this card? from the reviews on newegg, they all say it's pretty good.

any other suggestions from anyone?

PS: I'm so happy!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    unless you're selling your old card for a good price, or building a new computer i don't think the new card is worth it

put the money in a high-interest savings account and wait for the next generation of cards
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i had a 9800 pro sapphire and the fan quit in under a month and fucked my card. i had a power color though and it was great. my .02. and the power color is only $13 more.

Power Color Retail
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@27 February 2004 - 18:06
    unless you're selling your old card for a good price, or building a new computer i don't think the new card is worth it

put the money in a high-interest savings account and wait for the next generation of cards
    true
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    ABU...you make like 10 threads a week about something man...thats alot lol
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@27 February 2004 - 19:06

I'm selling my old card and some other stuff, so i end up getting this for free. i've decided to buy a card. just want to know which 1 i should get.

and @ mr. nails: did i really just break down? wow! but powercolor isn't much better, according to some other ppl's opinions

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@27 February 2004 - 18:14
    powercolor isn't much better, according to some other ppl's opinions
    I've heard that too...but my 9700Pro Powercolor card is GREAT...and overclocked pretty good too
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx+27 February 2004 - 19:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdawgfoxx &#064; 27 February 2004 - 19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@27 February 2004 - 18:14
    powercolor isn&#39;t much better, according to some other ppl&#39;s opinions
    I&#39;ve heard that too...but my 9700Pro Powercolor card is GREAT...and overclocked pretty good too [/b][/quote]
    yea. both of them use samsung ram and both have the same gpu, so not too much different. besides, i don&#39;t really need the games or the box that comes with the retail

do u guys have any other suggestions for cards that i could get? any nvidia? (ewww ) i looked around. and at the pinned topic bout cards rite here, and ati performs better in all the tests and benches. i should prob just stick with the 9800 pro rite?

anyone?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+28 February 2004 - 00:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power &#064; 28 February 2004 - 00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DarthInsinuate@27 February 2004 - 19:06
    unless you&#39;re selling your old card for a good price, or building a new computer i don&#39;t think the new card is worth it

I&#39;m selling my old card and some other stuff, so i end up getting this for free. i&#39;ve decided to buy a card. just want to know which 1 i should get.

and @ mr. nails: did i really just break down? wow&#33; but powercolor isn&#39;t much better, according to some other ppl&#39;s opinions [/b][/quote]
    abu, just because you sell stuff to get money doesnt mean it makes your new card free.

edit: also abu u have a good videocard as it is there is no point in updating it, as it will run all new games very well.

why not keep your money and go out, or save up. and keep your cash for a car or somehting when ur a bit older.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by Livy+27 February 2004 - 19:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Livy @ 27 February 2004 - 19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@28 February 2004 - 00:14
    <!--QuoteBegin-DarthInsinuate
    @27 February 2004 - 19:06
    unless you&#39;re selling your old card for a good price, or building a new computer i don&#39;t think the new card is worth it

I&#39;m selling my old card and some other stuff, so i end up getting this for free. i&#39;ve decided to buy a card. just want to know which 1 i should get.

and @ mr. nails: did i really just break down? wow&#33; but powercolor isn&#39;t much better, according to some other ppl&#39;s opinions
    abu, just because you sell stuff to get money doesnt mean it makes your new card free. [/b][/quote]
    ok. but the stuff i&#39;m selling i got for free. i&#39;m selling some kingston ram that i got on black friday. as well as the 9600, which i got for free after i sold my geforce fx 5200. and i&#39;m selling some other stuff that i got for free too. i&#39;m selling the corsair, but i did pay for that.

and please, lets not get into the ethical issues thing again. lets just stick to the thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast