Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do Forum Members Earn A Living?

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@28 February 2004 - 09:31
    I just received my ESL teacher certificate, gonna earn my way through medical school

yay
    What are you going to be teaching JB? What age range will you be teaching the subject to?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Ihave no job, I have no school, I have no life.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Double Agent
    well since i am inexperienced teacher i will start with tutoring first, then perhaps small class then see what happens later.

range...high school students to college students to professionals of other fields who are interested to learn English as Second Language.

i dunno about salary though but gotta start small first

i'll be happy with 20,000 a year to start off

4. Lounge   -   #24
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by stupidguy@28 February 2004 - 05:39
    Ihave no job, I have no school, I have no life.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by hobbes@28 February 2004 - 06:35
    FunkyCapricorn- adult movie and bookstore owner
    does that make him my boss? lmao

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@28 February 2004 - 09:40
    well since i am inexperienced teacher i will start with tutoring first, then perhaps small class then see what happens later.

range...high school students to college students to professionals of other fields who are interested to learn English as Second Language.

i dunno about salary though but gotta start small first

i'll be happy with 20,000 a year to start off
    I hope you enjoy your journey through the profession JB. One to one is great, but a class is better for the interaction. My motto was 'The student is the main person in the classroom'. Nothing gave me greater pleasure than a student leaving at the end of a course, knowing as much, if not more about a subject than I did.
    I was sorry when I had to retire from it. Greatest job ever I did. Good luck.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by bigboab+28 February 2004 - 00:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 28 February 2004 - 00:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@28 February 2004 - 09:40

i dunno about salary though but gotta start small first&nbsp; &nbsp;

i&#39;ll be happy with 20,000 a year to start off&nbsp;
    I hope you enjoy your journey through the profession JB. One to one is great, but a class is better for the interaction. My motto was &#39;The student is the main person in the classroom&#39;. Nothing gave me greater pleasure than a student leaving at the end of a course, knowing as much, if not more about a subject than I did.
    I was sorry when I had to retire from it. Greatest job ever I did. Good luck. [/b][/quote]
    o hay dude since you are an English professor perhaps i can ask you about a lot of stuff

I had 2 semesters of English at the University of British Columbia it bored me to hell...

but i had fun with Shakespear plays. am always a fan of Shakespear.

I hated reading "Pride and Prejudice" i fall asleep so fast when I had that book.

u know how I got through? movies and notes from previous class..... reading for gist.

I passed that class yay

8. Lounge   -   #28
    JB&#33; I may profess a lot, but a professor, definately not. I was a humble IT lecturer at my local education esablishment. English is not my first language, I am Scottish.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    @boab: I didn&#39;t realise you used to be a teacher, that&#39;s my long-term goal after I complete my English degree...long way to go yet though.

For the moment I am a volunteer youth support worker at YES and a part-time Dairylea taster.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Finding Job

i feel like my life will end behinde this computer :helpsmile:

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast