Thread: Moving Kl Downloads Between Computers

Hi,

I have commenced several large downloads on one computer but would like to continue downloading these on another computer. Is it doable? can I move the file manually and some how edit the registry to get kazaa to carry on downloading the file?

Would be grateful for your help.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by kojack123@28 February 2004 - 06:15
    Hi,

I have commenced several large downloads on one computer but would like to continue downloading these on another computer. Is it doable? can I move the file manually and some how edit the registry to get kazaa to carry on downloading the file?

Would be grateful for your help.
    copy the dat files from "my shared folder" to you median then just copy and paste in the new "my shared folder" and make sure the files are not "read only". and you are done, start klite.

please make sure klite is closed both during coping of dat files from first pc, and also during paste to the second pc, this is to make sure dat files dont' get corrupt.

also keep backup of dat files just incase

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    If I knew it was that simple, I wouldn't have asked

Many thanks!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    h1
    You MUST have your shared folder as the same directory as the old one, otherwise your downloads will fail or delete themselves on completion.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by haxor41789@28 February 2004 - 18:55
    You MUST have your shared folder as the same directory as the old one, otherwise your downloads will fail or delete themselves on completion.
    emmm ya i forgot to say that lol, thx boss

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    h1
    NP, even the best of us have brain farts.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    emmm best?? lol i hope you are not talking about me there are 2 names on top of my sig which i think are the best