Thread: Sygate And Hotmail

Right after I installed Sygate Personal Firewall , I stopped being able to access my Hotmail account.
    I can get to the site just fine , type my username/password , hit enter... then I get a "server not found error". When I disable the firewall before logging in and reactivate it once I get to the "Today" screen , I can avoid the problem , but I' rather fix it. OS is XP Pro Sp1 , browser Firebird 0.8 , and there are no other problems I know of. Help ? :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Have you tried keeping sygate on and going to hotmail threw Internet Explorer. If you can there is a setting you need to change with the firebird acess, but try it threw IE first.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Well , IE seems unaffected , so that&#39;s good news. I can use the "view in IE" plugin to switch without hassle , so the problem manageable.

Still , is there any way to get Firefox , Hotmail and Sygate to work together ? Any suggestion would help...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    set Sygate to allow all before sigining in. Or disable (exit) sygate or i dunno. It happens to me alot, but now I use msn and go to my inbox from msn, so nothing gets blocked. The above problemm happens because of one of the program&#39;s (sygate pf) options, which is "STEALTH MODE". Sygate PF blocks windows update as well.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    set Sygate to allow all before sigining in.
    That&#39;s what my temp solution was. Guess I&#39;ll have to keepswitching to IE .

Sygate PF blocks windows update as well.
    Thanks for the heads-up. Guess I&#39;ll have to update manually from now on.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    It actually blocks both, unless u allow all. You can always creat advanced rules to allow hotmail to connect at all costs, but i&#39;m not good in setting up these things.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Disable stealth mode before trying to access any MS .net site.

MS insists on spying on you before allowing you to login.

Some warez sites use this referer and host check as well.