Thread: I'll Get Me Coat...

Poster
    OK, my post count currently sits at 480, and I've made a decision that after 500 I'll be leaving.
    I may not actually completely disappear as I like it here, but I certainly gotta cut down on my nyms lol I'm starting to get confused!
    I only used this name to separate my kazaa and newsgroup sharing alias with my 'proper' alias.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    The challenges mankide make for themselves are amazing

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    h1
    Uh, Softwareworld?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ya, I guess sometimes this is the only lounge for us geeks

Hope you will keep coming back Smurfette. Been there done that
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by Smurfette@28 February 2004 - 21:49
    OK, my post count currently sits at 480, and I&#39;ve made a decision that after 500 I&#39;ll be leaving.
    I may not actually completely disappear as I like it here, but I certainly gotta cut down on my nyms lol I&#39;m starting to get confused&#33;
    I only used this name to separate my kazaa and newsgroup sharing alias with my &#39;proper&#39; alias.
    Smurette you misersable old Fart oops I mean Git I for one like your refreshing out look its up to you, but stay, teach us

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I posted here because this is where I seem to post most.

Like I said, I prolly won&#39;t be leaving completely, but I&#39;ll be doing it under a more honest alias. It&#39;s odd posting under one name here and binary newsgroups and another in other forums and groups - I wanted to simplify matters for myself.

I&#39;m not going to say what my &#39;new&#39; alias is but if the more keen-eyed of you happen to notice it, just don&#39;t mention it.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I have never had to worry about keeping internet names apart from one to site/forum to the next. I just seemed to have a "built-in" way to do so. "Izagaia" (my first name) just doesn&#39;t appear on the top-ten list of commonly used screen names.

If it hasn&#39;t already been used on AIM, you know it has to be alright.

You may be a "miserable old git", but you are an interesting old git nonetheless. And I hate to see anyone who contributes to the communites, I frequent become strangers. So bygones be bygones- don&#39;t be a stranger.

p.s. - what in hell is a "git" anywho?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Well, it&#39;s not that I was ever worried but if my normal handle was associated with posting or sharing stuff I would&#39;ve gotten hassled by some that know my normal one well but not Smurfette. This is mainly people from quite a few newsgroups that I&#39;ve drifted away from.

A git? Well, it&#39;s... erm... a uh... hmm. It&#39;s difficult to pin it down exactly.
    It&#39;s a derogative term (mainly used playfully, in joking, sort of) for a rogue. Although the definition of &#39;bastard&#39; is someone of disputed parentage, in the UK it&#39;s mainly used as a general insult in the same way as &#39;git&#39;, although not in such a light-hearted manner.
    I don&#39;t know if I&#39;ve explained that very well.